Life is Good--Tales of my Life

Life is Good--Tales of my Life
In all living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured. Gordon B. Hinckley

Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Stringing Popcorn

The kids loved stringing popcorn and lasted longer than I had anticipated. My living room is in desperate need of a vacuum, but it was worth it. We sat by the fire and practiced saying "I love you" in German, Spanish, French, Portuguese and I counted English as one of the 5. We called Daddy to learn the Portuguese and the kids all yelled it to him as the phone call ended. It was more fun than I had expected.





Abby looks mighty proud of herself with this, but I did all the work. She kept losing her thread and wanted me to help. She just ate the popcorn rather than stringing it. We are trying fruit loops this afternoon when Isaac gets home. Anna cruised right along with hers. She seemed to enjoy it and wants to finish hers. I gave her an extra long one. She took a quick break to throw up--she must have a touch of the flu. She is home today.


Isaac worked hard on his for a few minutes and then decided he was done. In prayers last night he prayed that he was thankful to poke the popcorn and could he please make a necklace out of it? I'm thinking the fruit loops will be more up his alley. Nice cheesy picture, huh?


Noah loved this project and in fact chose this over a Popsicle. I think he could have kept on going if it weren't for bedtime. He can't wait to get home from school to work on it. Lucky for him it's Wednesday which means early release.


Isaac picked Take a Hot Chocolate break for today's activity. Yippee!!!! One that is easy and enjoyed by all. We only wish Grandma were here to enjoy it with us. That *!#*#! (stupid--a swear word at our house) freeway is still closed and won't be open until tomorrow at the earliest. I can not begin to fathom 10 feet of standing water on the freeway.


1 comments:

Alifinale said...

Fun times. So where are you going to put your popcorn strings? I sort of want to eat them now.