Life is Good--Tales of my Life

Life is Good--Tales of my Life
In all living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured. Gordon B. Hinckley

Saturday, December 8, 2007

Fun Family Day

Here the kids are at Oakway. We will be going back for a not so impromptu picture. We found Frosty outside of Coldstone. They were so excited to see him, they didn't even ask for ice cream.

We ran a few errands and squeezed in a bit of fun today. We ran to the mall for a few minutes, and saw Santa eating at the Buffet. I would have taken a picture, but figured that would be rude. It was just funny to see Santa at the Buffet. Abby said he wasn't the real Santa, he wasn't fat enough and he didn't have his hat on. Kevin took the kids to the play area and I managed to squeeze in a few minutes of shopping.
We then went to Trader Joe's. We Love their Candy Cane Joe Joes (a peppermint oreo and ten times better than mint oreos!). If you have a Trader Joe's you need to try them. I use them in a candy recipe. There was a contest to find Yoda in the store and so the kids had fun going on a Yoda Hunt. Isaac found him up near the ceiling.
Isaac drew from the Advent Jar this morning and it was to watch a Christmas movie together. It was late when we got home and so we had to settle for a 30 minute show, and so we watched Frosty. Tomorrow we will go for the full length feature. I don't think the kids had ever seen the original Frosty, they were glued to the T.V.

4 comments:

arah said...

It sounds like the advent FFF has been a lot of fun, well, so far the activites have sounded like fun to me.

arah said...

Kim, you crack me up. I love how you've left a comment on all of my postings. The Christmas party was so creative, it was so much fun. I told people in the ward that we need to do it next year.

Sam and Jill Family said...

How fun.. I love the picture in the sleigh!

Alifinale said...

Sounds like a great family shopping day. I need to find a Trader Joe's near me and get me some Joe Joe's. I wish I was there to get your plate of goodies!