Life is Good--Tales of my Life

Life is Good--Tales of my Life
In all living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured. Gordon B. Hinckley

Monday, December 3, 2007

It's Raining, It's Pouring...

My mom was supposed to be coming for a visit today. She was actually on the road and had to turn back because of the rains. It's not so unusual for some flooding in the Seattle area when wet weather hits, but there is more flooding than normal. I-5 was closed in Chehalis making it impossible for her to get through if she hadn't turned back. Mom said schools were reaching parents and telling them to get their children early because the buses couldn't run. Not only do we not have Grandma here, but I have to figure out something for dinner and hope and pray the kids don't wreak havoc on the house between now and school. Hopefully the weather will mellow and she can make it tomorrow safe and sound.

Here in Eugene we are having very wet weather, but nothing that will bother us too much. I just drive the kids to and from the bus stop. Don't have to get dressed for that and since I'm up it doesn't bother me. I kind of like listening to the rain on the roof and windows. Although the winds were so loud they woke me up last night. It's a great day to turn the fire on, put some Christmas music on and read a good book. It's a stay in your jammies all day day.

What's the weather like in your neighborhood??

2 comments:

arah said...

Raining...we live in Washington, what should we expect?

Alifinale said...

Oh it is going to be like 65 and sunny today. I have been seeing on the news how the Northwest is having crazy weather. Sorry for you, but I cannot lie, I don't miss the rain one bit. But cozying by the fire sounds nice.