Life is Good--Tales of my Life

Life is Good--Tales of my Life
In all living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured. Gordon B. Hinckley

Saturday, December 15, 2007

I've been tagged

Lovebird tag....


1. Where did you and your husband meet? The first time was at a homecoming Fireside for Bob and Lucy Hickman. His brothers Neal and Paul brought me over to where he was standing and said, "Kim, this is Kevin, he just broke up with his girlfriend. He needs to get married. Kevin, this is Kim, she just got home from her mission and needs to get married. You two should get married. It's safe to say we were both mortified. It was about a year later that we met up again in the Single's Branch.
2. 1st thing said... Like I said we were embarrased and just wanted to get out of there. I think it was something like nice to meet you.
3. 1st date... I had a crush on him, but being a guy he was oblivious. So a couple friends and I planned my surprise birthday party. His job was to take me away while they decorated the house. He was supposed to take me to Know your Religion, but Mr. UPS man, missed the exit. So we ended up goinf to UW hospital to see if a patient was there he knew and then we walked the gardens. Funny thing is he took my friend on the same exact date. When we all met up later, she and I compared noted and laughed. This was in October and we didn't start dating until November.
4. 1st kiss...On the porch at my parents' house. If you blinked you would have missed it. W made up for it since then.
5. Long/Short Courtship....Long. We dated almost a year. People were starting to bug about when we would get married. Our engagment was only a bout 8 weeks.
6. Where did you get engaged....at Greenlake in Seattle eating the best ever fish and chips on our way to volunteer at a Aids benefit.
7. Where were you married?....Seattle, WA temple
8. How did the Reception go? It was great. No receiving line and after the honeymoon. In the afternoon and casual.
9. Where did you go on your honeymoon? Disneyworld for a week.
10. Who's turn is it next?........ Misti, Stacy, Jill and anyone else who wants to. This one is fun to read on other people's blogs.

2 comments:

Alifinale said...

Cute. It is always fun to read about how two little lovebird came to be. I did this too on my blog if you want to read about it here.

Sam and Jill Family said...

This is a cute idea. I like this one.