Life is Good--Tales of my Life

Life is Good--Tales of my Life
In all living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured. Gordon B. Hinckley

Monday, June 30, 2008

Weekend Update

We had extra visitors this weekend. Kevin was putting the slide away and there was a family of snakes underneath it. They were pretty fast, but I managed to get this one. The kids were fascinated.

Other than the snakes, we had a quiet weekend. I find I like those. It was just too hot to be outside. I am not a fan of the high 90's, overcast and the air filled with smoke from the fires in California. I am suffering from allergies. For those of you who don't know, we live just downwind of the grass capitol of the world and Oregon has the highest pollen/grass count of the country. So my house is shut tightly with the air conditioning on and we go outside as little as possible!!

The highlight of the weekend was when my friend Heather and her family came for a visit. It was short and hectic and sadly I did not get any pictures. They were on their way home from Bandon and a week long family reunion. Heather and I were companions together on our mission. We have kept in touch and try to get together whenever we can. She lives up by my mom now, so that helps.

Sunday was a quiet day. We played a few games as a family and fixed dinner as a family. It was kind of nice. The best part was, we even cleaned up as a family. We were going to make ice cream, but it's been so long that I forgot it takes a while for the drum to freeze. So I am off to find another ice cream maker, or just another bowl so we can have twice as much. When I looked at the bowl, I realized, we are no longer a one bowl kind of family.

Now we're off to Target and Costco!!

5 comments:

lydia moyer said...

ah.. that takes me back to edmonds when we were neighbors. you made us banana ice cream once and it was divine! time is funny, it seems like it was just yesterday and yet so much has happened since then!

Rachel Goodwin Williams said...

That sounds like a great weekend. We are living in the middle of a big moving mess, so a queit weekend at home sounds great! Glad you got the chance to catch up with an old mission comp too.

arah said...

i noticed you added a picture and fixed a word. That's funny, I am always catching my mistakes after I post and then have to fix them, like you did.
I am so sorry about your allergies. I haven't had them the past two years, thanks to pregnancy, but poor Matt, he is having a horrible time.
Hope it doesn't last too much longer.

Airi said...

Snakes are probably one of the biggest reasons why we don't live in the mainland...my husband cannot handle them. He went to school in the mainland and loves it; but I seriously dont' think he could handle the snakes or any reptile!!!

Yumi said...

Yes, Hawaii has no snakes...even the zoo here only houses one lousy corn snake. Which is nice for us since I am NOT a snake person either...although Mitch has a serious phobia of them. Before we got married, someone caught an eel at the beach and when it jumped out of the bucket, he pushed me towards the eel to better propel himeself away from it! What a guy, right? hee hee, Airi should remember this story (since I tell EVERYBODY 'cause seriously, what guy does that?!?)