Life is Good--Tales of my Life

Life is Good--Tales of my Life
In all living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured. Gordon B. Hinckley

Monday, June 23, 2008

Weekend Update

Friday was a quiet night due to a horrible migraine. Anna was a great helper and fixed chili dogs for dinner.

Saturday I watched a friend's children (2, 9 & 10) so she could have a night away for her anniversary. My friend Lark and her family came over for dinner--to give me adult conversation since Kevin was on call and help out with the kids. Not that the kids were hard, but her husband helped me get the slide set up and the grill going. We grilled hamburgers, turkey burgers, hot dogs and chicken & apple sausages. But the main event was the slide. They always have so much fun on this and this was the first time of the season. Kevin showed up in the middle of it as a surprise. He has a friend at work who volunteered to take his Saturday night so he could come home. It was a nice surprise. The shots aren't all that great, but the kids didn't really want to stop and pose. Except for mine of course.


We are the popular ones on the block when this comes out.

Abby--posing as only she can!

Yesterday we made it to church--all 6 kids in tow. And because I had so many leftovers, I asked my friends Mark and Hilary to come for dinner. We had a nice evening, good food, good conversation, good company. Good times. I think their daughter Ellie, might have had the most fun. She's a year and a half and was having so much fun playing with the kids and outside.
By bedtime I was ready to collapse. And now it is Monday morning and another week has begun. Our first full week without school. I'll let you know if we all survive!!!



14 comments:

Cindy said...

Looks like an awesome slide. I want Jeremy to get us one, but I don't have him quite convinced. Sorry to hear about Abby's tooth. She'll get her permanent one in a few years. I think kids without their front teeth look so cute. Chicken and apple sausages. That sounds really good. Is that a personal recipe or a store bought thing? I would love to know

kim said...

Cindy--there the yummy ones from Costco. My friend brought them. I have seen them at Albertson's, but they're way cheaper at Costco. They are in the refrigerated section.

arah said...

i want to come over to your hosue. How fun. No wonder your the house to go to in the Summer.
Your kids are getting so big! i would love to see more of you though.
Love ya!

Yumi said...

I'll bet your house is the most popular with that slide! Whoo Hoo! I think I'd have fun on that one...even preggo! :)

arah said...

That pizza place is called Rocky Rococco's.That must have been ages ago that we went there, how long have you been gone from Spokane?

kim said...

It's been 2 1/2 years. Too long.

Yumi said...

Hi Kim,
I'm contemplating going private on my blog. Would still love to hear from you now and again, so can you email me your email address so I can add you? I'm at syumi9@gmail.com
Take care! :)
Yumi

Airi said...

Hi, I'm back from our Arizona trip. Summer is soooo much there in Arizona at 115 degrees. How's the weather over there? I bet wonderful! I miss the summers over there. I miss seeing my old friends...like you! Hope you all have a wonderful and safe summer...sure looks like your kids are having a blast on the slides!!

Melonius said...

KIM AND KEVIN!! I just found your blog!! Looks like you guys are doing Great! And all the Stoddards look the same!

Alifinale said...

Of course you watched extra kids and then invited more over! You are crazy but looks like a good time. Wish we could have come over to play on the slide!

Cindy said...

Thanks for the encouraging words for adjusting to 3 children. Looks like I will start zoloft before this baby even enters this world : ) I'm actually excited for this baby. Emilee not so much in the beginning because where we were in life, but it really worked out now that time has passed

Mary Child said...

Kim, I'm so confused by your "book size comment" apology. When did you comment about book size and in what context? (I'm a little out of it due to sleep deprivation...)

Very modest dressers at your little shin dig!!!

Stacy Stoddard said...

looks like you had a good weekend and any weekend is good if there is yummy food and sounds like you had it.

lydia moyer said...

i can't believe you have a slide like that! that's amazing! i want one! Now! i want one now, i want one i want one i want one!