Life is Good--Tales of my Life

Life is Good--Tales of my Life
In all living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured. Gordon B. Hinckley

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Abby's New Smile

Abby's look was forever altered today with the removal of one of her front teeth. She was a very brave girl and didn't complain once (until she got home!). She even let Dr. Dunne know they were still friends before leaving the office. I'm sure if he didn't have the nitrous oxide (that is what she is breathing in this picture), she probably wouldn't like him as much. Right after getting up from the chair. I love that summer has brought out her freckles--or is it the paleness from just having a tooth yanked from her mouth?? I opt for the former.

I was so glad to walk into my room and see this. Normally I cringe when one of the kids fall asleep before bedtime, but she was not having a good time and was letting me know it every 30 seconds or so. I looked at this as a blessed reprieve. Of course tonight at 11:30 when it's just the 2 of us, I won't be singing that tune. Never satisfied, I know.


The gaping hole the tooth left behind.



Her new grin. This picture is after nap. She woke up happy and feeling no pain. She got to pick dinner and had tomato soup and jell-o, with apple juice. She kept asking if these were things that Isaac had picked when he had work done. I so wish my kids would not try and keep a mental tally of who got what!!!

It's a pretty cute smile, but it makes her look older. Wasn't quite ready for the baby of the family to start getting visited by the Tooth Fairy!




3 comments:

Yumi said...

How sad to go through so much when so little! Your Abby is so brave!
And still a very cute smile indeed. :)

Mary Child said...

Oh Kim, she IS too little to be getting visited by the tooth fairy! I agree though, how can you argue with that cute little missing-tooth smile?

I'm glad to hear she (and you)survived the ordeal; hopefully this will be the end of your orthodontic issues for awhile!

(Glad to know that other kids keep the mental tally of who got what...)!

arah said...

she looks adorable as ever. Not a fun way to lose a tooth though.