Life is Good--Tales of my Life

Life is Good--Tales of my Life
In all living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured. Gordon B. Hinckley

Monday, June 9, 2008

Dad

Dear Dad,


It was 2 years ago today that you were taken from us. I wanted you to know, that we are doing pretty good. We miss you every day and wish that you were still here. But we have learned that our ways are not always the Lord's ways. (Some of us have taken a lot longer to learn than others!) I wanted to thank you for being my dad. For teaching me so many things. Strength through affliction, the value of hard work, humility and gratitude just to name a few. You never once yelled at mom. There was never a question that you loved her. You did more than just love her, you adored her. The kids and I talk about you all the time. Even though a couple of them were too young to have clear memories of you to last a lifetime, know that they are being raised to know you. Enough time has passed that mostly we laugh and smile with remembrance, but tears are still shed for you. Please know that we know that you are watching over us and loving us where you are. I miss you dad and love you more than I could ever say!


Love, Kimberly





Here's Dad playing with the kids.


Fixing the best sausage, gravy and biscuits ever made.
Even though the voice was gruff, it only hid the big softy inside.
Always supportive of the kids.







I can still hear his laughter. For those who have heard it, you know what I mean!





He loved the babies and they loved him.







He served his country in Vietnam and quietly instilled faith and patriotism in his family. He put this flag pole up right after having been at my house helping me put up a fence.




*Arah, I had this all done before reading your tribute to Sierra--weird!







8 comments:

Liz said...

Thanks for making me cry! I loved your dad. Yes, the laugh!

Alifinale said...

What a sweet tribute! He sounds like an amazing man and I love how you keep his memory alive for your kids.

arah said...

It's really weird that this month is full of death anniversaries. In support group there are quite a few that are mourning the 1 year mark of their children passing, along with Karen and another's 5 year anniversary, then your dad.
That was really sweet about your dad. He seemed like a very loving husband, father and grandfather. I know that today has to be hard on you, hope you know that your thought of and loved. I'm sure your mom is having a hard time today too. Hugs to all of you!

arah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karen said...

just know your in my thoughts and prayers...

Airi said...

Life is truly beautiful because of the special people that come into our lives...especially family. I will always remember your dad as a family man, one that loved you all so much. I definitely saw in your life...the sometimes difficult teenage life, how much love and respect you had for your dad. He will always be remembered and I know that he will always be watching over you and your family. We are truly blessed to have the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Love you Kim!

Julie Carr said...

That was an awesome blog. What a great man your dad was. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers....

Mary Child said...

Oh Kim, I love this post.

I've been told that writing a letter to deceased loved ones is therapeutic, but I've never done it. I have A LOT I coould write to my mom...

Great tribute, and I'm sure your dad enjoyed it as well!