Life is Good--Tales of my Life

Life is Good--Tales of my Life
In all living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured. Gordon B. Hinckley

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Cooking Lesson #3

It was Noah's night tonight. We went with something quick and easy that he loves. Cheeseburgers. I should have grilled them, but it was too hot and the air quality is so bad, those of us with allergies are hiding inside! He had lots of fun smooshing the meat. As you can see, not everyone wanted a cheeseburger, so Noah was a short order cook. Hot dog for Abby, turkey burger for me.

Here he is with his dinner. He was pretty pleased with himself. I only had to call him back into the kitchen 4 or 5 times. It was a good thing we were in a hurry and only had chips and slurpees with it. Cooking does not hold his attention.


The happy family.

Anna made tacos/taco salads on Sunday. We counted that as her turn, but I didn't get her pictures taken. I'm going to count her next turn as her first. All the kids, except for Noah, have taken to helping in the kitchen. Maybe if I could find a way to make cooking like a video game....



5 comments:

Mary Child said...

Gosh Kim, your family is really growing up. Noah looks so old, and even Isaac looks bigger in the more recent pictures on your blog. They are all very cute, and such a MIX of both you and Kevin.

I can't wait until my kids are old enough to actually be helpful, and not just in my way all the time!

Karen said...

im excited to get home and start cooking with sky and ash...i love turkey burgers...i grilled them for the fam a few weeks ago and they liked them better than beef...

Yumi said...

I love home-made burgers! Store bought ones simply can't compare! How great to bring the kids into the kitchen! I think too little adults know how to cook these days! Terrible shame, so kudos to you! You must be so patient! :)

Airi said...

Yummy!! Looks like you have great little cooks! Have you ever tried eating hamburgers wrapped in lettus instead of buns? We tried it at In-N-Out burgers in Arizona...we love it!!!

Becky said...

You are such a good mom! I am always wanting my kids OUT of the kitchen . . . Cynthia (almost 5 years old) is the one who ALWAYS wants to help, and she is pretty good- but most of the time I am in too much of a hurry to get dinner on the table. So- you have inspired me to help them learn to cook, I think they would love it!