Life is Good--Tales of my Life

Life is Good--Tales of my Life
In all living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured. Gordon B. Hinckley

Thursday, June 19, 2008

School's Out...

Last day of school was yesterday. Of course I was scrambling getting last minute details done. Here are the cupcakes I made for their teachers. They also got a Willow Tree angel that each child handpicked for the teachers. Here's Noah with his teacher. Sometimes his talkative ways are too much for anyone. And she had to deal with it everyday!


Isaac graduated kindergarten and is now on his way to 1st grade and all day school!!!
The last day of school was always hard for me as I wept all the way home because I would miss my friends. There were tears and sadness from teachers and children yesterday. I know this sounds like a bragging moment, but I have really good kids and the teachers all enjoyed having them in their classes. I think my kids had great teachers. Noah could have been pushed a bit harder--but I could have pushed harder as well. All in all it was a successful year that we are sad (some more than others) to see be over.


4 comments:

Mary Child said...

So, is Noah's teacher 19? That chick looks WAY too young to be teaching. By the time I finally make it back to the classroom, they'll say I look way too OLD to be teaching!

I can't believe how late the school-year goes there. When do they start back up again? Is it year-round school?

I'm glad to know I'm not the only weepy mom out there! I do the same thing every time there is an "ending" in our lives. I am DEFINITELY ambivalent about change; In some ways it's so fun and exciting to see them grow and learn, but it's also so sad that it will never come again...

lydia moyer said...

are you like the favorite parent at that school, making cupcakes and giving them those angels! one year we gave allens teacher a gift certificate to a resturant but since then we have not been to happy with his teachers so no cupcakes for them!!!

Yumi said...

Yes, you are bragging...but you have every right to! Your kids are so cute. And knowing you, I'm sure very well behaved. :)
And, you seriously must be the PTA queen...If I were a teacher, I'd hope to have you as a parent. Those cupcakes look divine!

kim said...

Hey Mary-- the kids told me this weekend Noah's teacher is 31--can you believe it???