Life is Good--Tales of my Life

Life is Good--Tales of my Life
In all living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured. Gordon B. Hinckley

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Cooking Lesson #2

Today was Isaac 's turn to help in the kitchen. He didn't really care what he made, just as long as he got to cook in the crockpot. Go figure. He chose enchilada casserole, spanish rice and refried beans. Such a poser. It was an easy dish for him to help with.


I think tearing up the tortillas was his favorite.

Here is the final result.


He looks pretty pleased with his meal.


The kids have been loving this and it hasn't been so horrible. I like seeing the joy on their faces as they complete their tasks and they seem to enjoy dinner more.
Next up: Anna




3 comments:

arah said...

oh, that looks really good. Post the recipe for the enchiladas please...
good job Isaac!

Mary Child said...

Very impressive. I've been too nervous to attempt any of those type of crock pot recipes... I mostly just do roasts, stews, and spaghetti sauce in mine. I've had too many recipes with multiple ingredients flop... How did you get to be such a good cook? I try new recipes all the time, but only 1 in 10 is a keeper.

Airi said...

You are doing a great job prparing them to be missionaries when they grow up...right? They do have to know how to feed themselves when they're on missions. It's the little things that will make a big difference when they grow up! Good job mom!!