Life is Good--Tales of my Life

Life is Good--Tales of my Life
In all living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured. Gordon B. Hinckley

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Abby's tooth

So we woke up Saturday morning to a puffy lip. She complained the night before that her lip hurt. I figured she had just bumped it and it would be fine in the morning. WRONG! I put a call in to the dentist and soon heard back from one his wonderful women that work with him, then a few minutes later, heard from him.

She had had some work done on this tooth. The first time it ever got worked on, the original dentist didn't do it properly or get all the cavity out and so it had to be fixed. Last week the filling fell out and we were in to get it repaired. Almost a week later, this. Dr. Dunne--who is a great guy and the kids adore him--called in a prescription for her to try and get the infection down. We are on that for 10 days, but go in Thursday to have him look at it. It is our hope to keep the tooth, but it probably won't be. I have to give him credit for trying, this was the third attempt to keep her smile intact. We'll see on Thursday whether the smile is the same or if she is going to be wanting her front tooth for Christmas.

5 comments:

lydia moyer said...

i know how you feel. i almost cried when gilli got her tooth pulled. she didn't care, which i am very greatful for, she is not as vain as me. but now she will have a story to tell about having her tooth pulled when she was 5 years old.

Mary Child said...

Oh my gosh are you kidding me? You people have the WORST DENTAL KARMA EVER!!! Didn't Isaac have some serious orthodontic issues last month?

I hope you have good dental coverage; ours is CRAPPY! This would not go over well in my household- I'm squeamish AND cheap!

Good luck to Abby on a speedy and painless recovery, poor kid.

kim said...

Mary, we put in about $4000 into Isaac's mouth last year. And just had to do some pulling and sealants last month. Our dental is OK, but something is wrong, when you are still paying for teeth when they are no longer in the mouth. We did what had to be done to get him fixed and still able to chew. Bottom line is we had really bad dental care when Kevin wasn't working and the kids are now paying for it.

kim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
arah said...

Brinley would be so excited to lose a tooth. I had horrible teeth as a kid and had surgery on my mouth. It sucked.
You guys do have horrible dental karma, just like Mary said. You'll have to post an after photo.