Life is Good--Tales of my Life

Life is Good--Tales of my Life
In all living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured. Gordon B. Hinckley

Monday, July 28, 2008

Good News

As I have been researching what Noah can eat and what he needs to stay away from, I found some good news. McDonald's is off limits. Even their french fries have wheat and soy. Lucky me, I can now honestly tell the kids that we can't eat at McDonald's.

As for other fast food places, most of them have a convenient chart that lets you know which of the "big 8" allergens are in their foods. So at a quick glance we are able to tell what Noah can have. It is limited, but at least there are options.

On another fun note, my friend, and old mission companion, is on her way down to my house with her 4 kids. I have so much fun with her. We used to stay up until all hours talking while on our mission.

1 comments:

Mary Child said...

Kim, sorry to hear about Noah's allergies, what a huge bummer. Aside from the life-altering inconvenience of it, maybe you'll all be eating a little healthier from now on?

Have fun with your friend; I just did the sister-visit with 7 kids... 8 will be a house-full! Lots of fun though, especially if you can cope well with sleep deprivation (not something I deal with very well)!