Life is Good--Tales of my Life

Life is Good--Tales of my Life
In all living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured. Gordon B. Hinckley

Friday, August 1, 2008

More Visitors

My friend Heather, her 4 children and their dog came for an impromptu visit this week. They arrived late Monday night and stayed until Thursday afternoon. The first night they were there, she got the kids settled and we then proceeded to stay up until about 6:30 am. Needless to say, we didn't do a whole lot Tuesday. Although the kids got along famously and had a lot of fun playing together. That night we went to bed a little earlier (at 4) and were better able to function Wednesday. We went to the park for Park day in our ward and then we went swimming. That night we went to bed earlier, 3 am. I told Heather if she stayed a bit longer we would eventually get to a decent bed time. But that is probably not true. When we served together in Stuttgart, our heads would hit the pillows at the 10:30 bedtime and we would then proceed to talk the night away. We never seem to run out of things to say. I can honestly say I do not laugh as hard or as consistently as I do. Sometimes our husbands just look at us and wonder how some memory could really be that funny. Here are some pictures of what we did.

Believe it or not Perry, Heather's 2 1/2 year old is having fun here. I was lucky enough to be bale to swim with Lilah the whole night. When she got cold I got to get out, bundle up in towels with her and hold her while she slept, and watch the others have fun swimming.


James, 6, playing in the water.



Abby and Grace, both 4, got along so well. They had so much fun together, it was truly a delight to watch them together.


We went to Skinner's Butte park. Here is Lilah on the picnic blanket. Such a happy, good natured, chubby baby. An absolute joy.





It took about 5 minutes and lots of dragging to achieve this masterpiece. I thought it would be a great picture and probably would have if all had cooperated. But really 8 kids and cooperation? What was I thinking?







This was Perry's hiding spot.







Looks like they were playing Follow the Leader.




Abby, in jail.






Isaac, with Grace and James in the background.






Anna and her new best friend, Cindabella Buzz. Heather's kids named her. She's 3. Anna had her sleep in her room with her and took her for walks. She is a great dog. Patient with kids and listens well. Anna wanted to keep her.







Grace refused to smile for me. I count this as a victory.




My boys playing on the swings.






The girls played dress up. Grace really is happy and asked for her picture to be taken.




Even Lilah got to play dress up.






Perry would randomly just start wrestling with Isaac. Isaac enjoyed it and it was fun to hear Perry laugh.


The house seemed awfully quiet when they left. There was lots of noise, laughter and fun while they were here. We are so glad Heather was willing to drive down with 4 kids and a dog to visit with us. The kids are already talking about next time. Thanks for coming!!!














3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good good good good good good times!!! I feel like a bit of a celebrity :)! I love you!

Mary Child said...

Oh my gosh Kim that sounds like so much fun; all except for the no sleeping! How can you function with 8 kids and no sleep?

It's so fun to hook up with old friends... a mission companion? That's like a past life! How fun... there's nothing like reconnecting with good friends.

arah said...

what fun. I could eat that baby up. What a chub...i want a chubby baby!
We REALLY, REALLY need to plan a girls weekend in Portland or something. By the way, I will be in Seattle August 30th for a baptism. Don't know if you'll be that way for anything...isn't your sister in my brothers ward?