Life is Good--Tales of my Life

Life is Good--Tales of my Life
In all living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured. Gordon B. Hinckley

Monday, July 21, 2008

Friends

I'm sure you all have someone in your life that even if it's been a couple of years since you have seen them, when you finally get together, it's as though it was just yesterday that you were together. Our friends Peter & Lonnie are like that. We were in the same ward in Spokane way back when Peter & Lonnie had just gotten married and we just had Anna & Noah. They are now living on the other side of the mountains from us in Sisters, OR. (it's only 2 hours away and we saw more of them they were in Utah and we were in Spokane) They came for dinner yesterday. Here is their daughter Charlie--she is so sweet. Even though it was the first time seeing me, she was ready and willing to let me hold her and hug her. Abby LOVED having Makenna here.

I was trying to remember the first time I met them and can't really remember. I just look back on our time in Spokane (before they ditched us for Utah) and it seems like they were always there. Celebrating birthdays, New Year's, getting 2 months of home teaching for the price of one by coming at 11 and leaving at 2, and lots more.


It would be nice if they would start looking older--make us old people feel a little better!!! But no, they're just as darling as ever.




From just our two kids when we first met, to this brood. They all played so well together--the only squabbling was between Abby and Isaac.


This is how we found Abby a few minutes after Peter & Lonnie left. After the week the kids and I had, I don't blame her.


It was a great ending to a wonderful, but hectic week. I can't even begin to explain how happy I was to see them again. It was kind of like coming home. You only get that with a few people in your life. And these are truly 2 of my very favorite people in my life. Thanks for coming!!! See you next weekend!





3 comments:

Lonnie said...

Kim! You beat me to the post! I just have to thank you for yesterday - we laughed and smiled all the way home, well worth the 2 hr drive to come see you, Kev and the fam! We feel the same way about you guys - like coming home when we're together, like not a minute had passed since the last visit. Thank you thank you thank you for that scrumptious meal and double desserts - we felt so spoiled! We needed a picture of your kitchen after that splendor! It was so fun to see your kids in person and how big they've gotten, they're so great. We love you - can't wait to see you again! Love, Lon

The Barney's said...

Kim how fun for you guys!! Lonnie and Pete dont look a day older than when they moved!! And still so cute. It is amazing how time flies and seeing the picture of the kids all together. I remember McKenna and your kids way back then when they moved from the Pines ward!! I love when you have friends like you said, that you may not see for a few years but just start off where you left like no time as gone by. I am a bit jealous you had fun company. I want friends to come visit me. I like it here but really miss having great friends around. I am lucky I am so busy that time flies so I dont have enough time to get all bummed about it!! I think we seriously need to plan a GIRLS weekend retreat with you in Oregon, me here, Mary in Cali, and all the Spokane girls and pick a place we all could afford to go for a weekend and do nothing but have fun and no kids!! That would make my day for a year!!! What do ya think??? I have missed being on blogs and am glad to be back!! Thanks for your comment and urging me to get back.

Sam and Jill Family said...

Wow, you guys have had lots of company. It always looks like you have so much fun all the time. I am glad. I love the picture at the top of all the feet. I love family feet pictures....so cute! Also I can't believe how big Anna is. She is adorable. I love the pictures from the beach. WE love the beach. WE wanted to go this summer but didn't make it. It would be nice to live as close to it as you do. Keep having fun!!!