Life is Good--Tales of my Life

Life is Good--Tales of my Life
In all living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured. Gordon B. Hinckley

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Keeping Cool

It has been in the high 90's the past week. One morning my friend Hilary and I piled in the car and went to Amazon pool. I didn't get very good pictures as I was the only parent to my three (Noah was at day camp for scouts) and Hilary was too busy chasing Ellie who didn't want to be touched. She thought she should roam free as she pleased. Sitting pretty enjoying an otter pop.

This pool has 2 shallow pools, a huge big pool with a few diving boards and a slide that drops off. It also has a sand area and these little water spouts. The kids had a blast even though not everything was open due to swim lessons.


Anna and Ellie-- a brief moment where she was still.

It doesn't seem to want to be cooling down anytime soon. I really wish it would rain!!!



5 comments:

Airi said...

Waterparks are wonderful when the heat is on!! I can't believe it's in the 90's over there. Well, it has been in the 80's over and there's actually a nice breeze most of the time. I am getting burnt already...even when I'm in the shade!

Mary Child said...

So fun! Kids love water parks, and I SO DREAD them. All the water, with who knows what floating around in it; it's a micro-biologist's dream. My nightmare...

Yumi said...

I love waterparks-it's the kid in me, I guess. :) If it weren't so expensive to go, I think I'd go all the time! I can't believe how hot it is over there! Boy it feels hot here, but then again, I've got a portable heater on me 24/7 so that only adds to my thermometer...
Oh, and thanks for your encouraging words...there are those days I seriously contemplate calling it quits! **sigh**

Becky said...

Ahhhh- this kind of thing is what I love about summer. This looks like so much fun. My kids are definitely the happiest when they are in the water.

Misti said...

It has been toooo long since I have visited your blog! It looks the summer has been full of fun for the Stoddard famliy! We miss you guys!