Life is Good--Tales of my Life

Life is Good--Tales of my Life
In all living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured. Gordon B. Hinckley

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Update on Noah

Kevin took this on the way home from my sister's in Christmas Eve. If I were good at editing, I could have gotten rid of what looks to be Kevin's finger.

Noah went to school yesterday. The Doctor said it was OK. I figured he would be more distracted there than at home with mom. He has been incredibly brave and rarely whines. For anyone who knows Noah, knows this is pretty amazing. He tends to be the one who complains or whines the most when hurt. I have only heard that this is incredibly painful. It's the second thing people say when they hear he has Shingles. The first is that he is so young. I just wanted everyone to know that I am very proud of him for being such a trooper! I also figured people had seen enough of his arm and thought a cute smile is more fun to look at.

4 comments:

Karen said...

I'm glad to hear that he is getting better...I have a spot on my leg that is in a lot of pain...my mom and aunt think i might be getting shingles...i really hope not...it could just be a side effect from the pinicillen shot i got...lets hope so...

Sonnet and Cameron said...

I am so glad he is doing better. Poor guy! My Mom gets shingles every couple of years and she is always in a lot of pain. I can't imagine a little guy like Noah. What a tough kid!

Alifinale said...

Poor guy! Glad he is being a trooper, I am not sure I would be. How long do they say before it will heal?

kim said...

I am not sure how long they will last. I think it's a person by person case. When Earl told me to put anti biotic cream on it and cover with gauze so it would dry out faster I thought there was no way that would work. I missed a big patch and the difference between the spots was amazing. The patches with the cream and gauze were scabbed over and the patch with just gauze was still blistery looking. By the looks of it, it will be here for another week or so. Which would put it at about 2 weeks.