Life is Good--Tales of my Life

Life is Good--Tales of my Life
In all living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured. Gordon B. Hinckley

Monday, January 7, 2008

Back to school!!!!

There is only about 2 hours to go until bedtime. I feel as though I could have invited Dick Clark and his New Year's Eve countdown ball to help me celebrate this occasion. Don't get me wrong, I love my children to pieces. 18 straight days with them with only the occasional break has about done me in. I am so looking forward to having routine in my life once again and a bit of peace and quiet. Even if it only lasts for a couple of hours. Even if I have to spend it putting my house back in order. I live for lists and routine. This is a very happy day for me. Abby doesn't really believe me that she is going back to school tomorrow, I think she thinks it's all done with. But when I have to wake her up and get her ready, she'll know it's for real. And come Friday when the kids are all so exhausted and cranky, we'll all know school is back in session.

We had our first F.H.E. of the new year last night. We set some good goals. We have quite a few little things we want to work on such as more love, patience and respect with one another. But we set 3 big goals as a family. They are:

1. Get under one roof. As I have mentioned before, we are committed to having Anna finish out the school year here (noone should have to move at the end of 5th grade). But come summer we want to be under one roof.
2. Be a stronger/happier family. We will achieve this by holding F.H.E. each week, reading scriptures more regularly, praying together and playing together.
3. We will be more organized!!! The kids have committed to helping me out more around the house. There is a lot of sense to the scriptures that say God's house is one of order. I am much happier when the house is cleaner. We can do more when we are more organized. We are downsizing--if it doesn't make me smile we are chucking it. Of course, most of this will be done while children are in school.

Kevin is setting some goals and will be sharing them with me when he comes home next weekend. I am not sure he would want to post them for the whole world to read about. I am just glad he will be thinking of what needs to be worked on and doing it.

As for me, I always have a huge list. Still do, but I am determined to have a happier/healthier life. My goals for 2008 are:
1. Get healthier--I want to lose weight, but mostly I want energy to keep up with the kids.
2. Gain stronger testimony and faith
3. Be more organized
4. Be financially wiser and stronger
5. Have a happier family


For those of us who know us really well, know we have had our share of trials and struggles. This year we are taking control of our lives and doing all we can to have a better 2008. I am following the promise in D&C 82 "I the Lord am bound when you do what I say..."

6 comments:

arah said...

Good for you Kim! We have wanted to sit down and do the same thing, but I have been packing the house and looking for a house, etc. We got our offer in and are waiting to here back! Miss you.

Alifinale said...

I love that you have goals as a family as well as for yourself. All great goals and I wish you the best of luck in achieving them. I am sure it will be heaven to have your whole family under one roof again! I can't believe how well you have done for this long. I think I would go crazy.

Mary Child said...

Wow Kim- Inspirational! I need to do the same thing: organize, set some clear goals, get real with myself! I always get depressed in January 'cause it's cold, the holidays are over, and we're always poor. I feel really energized by your list of goals and am going to do the same thing in our family. Use the "cold" and the "no-money" season to emotionally and temporally spring clean!!! Good luck...

I love being able to keep in touch through blogs! YAY!

Karen said...

We have set a few goals in our family this year also...Jeff is totaly kicking my butt at them...im glad i have him to help me along...

Cindy said...

You have a big list of resolutions. Good for you. I sure miss your sense of humor. How long has it been since you have been gone? Abby is in school full-time now. When you left it seems like she was still a baby.

julie said...

hi kim! i do remember you and arah talks about you a lot(good things) :). i lived in eugene while i was going to school and worked at price chopper on willamette. they call it pc market of choice now, or somthing ridiculous.