Life is Good--Tales of my Life

Life is Good--Tales of my Life
In all living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured. Gordon B. Hinckley

Thursday, January 17, 2008

R.O.U.S.'s

This is a Nutria. Seen around Eugene quite frequently. In fact I saw 2 live ones off to the side of the road coming home from Target. I saw many more dead ones. When we first moved here, I called my dad and tried to explain to him what they looked like so he could tell me what they were. My friend Alison was the one who clued me in to what these creatures were really called. Sadly I was never able to tell Dad.


These things are truly creepy and their teeth are nasty. Instead of possum we have nutria road kill. There are tons of them around here. Just in case you don't have them (or miss them), I thought I would share with you!!!

3 comments:

Alifinale said...

You bring back horrible nightmares. Seriously, that was a big reason we got Rusty because we had Nutria infestation in our backyard. We would hear them screeching at night not sure if they were dying or just mating. Yuck! Thanks for the pleasant reminder!

kim said...

Alison-- I was thinking of you as I wrote this one!!! Love you!

arah said...

is that thing part of the beaver family?