Life is Good--Tales of my Life

Life is Good--Tales of my Life
In all living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured. Gordon B. Hinckley

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Abby update

So it seems the chicken pox has invaded our house. I just got off the phone with the nurse and she confirmed it as best she could without seeing Abby in person. Abby's legs are better though, seems she had a bit of a reaction to Anna's lotion, but those suspicious spots are still on her tummy and one behind her ear. I hate the fact that they are always the most contagious when you don't know it. So sorry to her little preschool class!!!!

5 comments:

Alifinale said...

Oh man! Poor Abby and poor you. Hope it passes soon. I don't even remember how long chicken pox last.

arah said...

that stinks! Have your other kids had it before? or is it going to go through the whole family.

kim said...

Kevin and I have different opinions on whether or not Anna has had them. I say she had a very mild case. He says nope. Either way she has been exposed numerous times and never gotten them(again). Noah has had them twice plus the shingles. Doctors say that the shingles should works as a booster and he should be safe (I'm not holding my breath the way life likes to throw curveballs my way). Isaac had them when he was little and has since been exposed. Abby was my last. All 4 were vaccinated.

This could last up to 2 weeks depending on how soon they scab over and stop forming new ones. I was so not prepared for a long stay at home. I guess I know what I am doing when Kevin gets home this weekend.

Mary Child said...

Kim, did you opt out of the varicella vaccine for Abby? All of my kids have had that vaccine so I'm hoping I'll get to skip all that drama...

kim said...

Mary-- nope all of them had it. Including Noah who got them twice plus shingles. Abby was due for a booster between 4-6 and since she just turned 4 I was't in a huge hurry.