Life is Good--Tales of my Life

Life is Good--Tales of my Life
In all living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured. Gordon B. Hinckley

Saturday, January 19, 2008

I did it!!!

My friend Arah, who inspires me in so many ways, got me into making these little monkeys. This one is Isaac's and he helped me stuff the body and legs. He sat there patiently as he slowly filled each leg. He brought it to school for sharing yesterday. This one is Abby's and my first one. It is special with all it's learning mistakes. She loves it though and carries it with her everywhere.

I'm getting better with each one. It has been a fun project and the kids are having fun helping me. Funny thing is with all the buttons I bought for the button trees, I had to go get bigger ones. I now have enough buttons to open a button store!!!!!
Pretty soon we will have a whole barrel of monkeys. Anna keeps coming home with somebody new she wants to give one to.


Thanks Arah for the wonderful idea. You're fabulous!!!!!


3 comments:

arah said...

they turned out great! I have some people in ourward that want to get together and make some.
Are you coming for Time Out? I think I am going to go, but we could all buy tickets and get the discount, as long as we have six...which is not a problem.

Alifinale said...

How cute and crafty! Are they very hard to make?

kim said...

If I can do it anyone can. The body is a snap, the hand sewing takes me a little while though. The kids are having fun watching them get created.