Life is Good--Tales of my Life

Life is Good--Tales of my Life
In all living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured. Gordon B. Hinckley

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Shingles

Noah was diagnosed with shingles this morning. Poor kids. His skin just can't catch a break. He also has an outbreak on his right shoulder.

It started over the weekend and he didn't tell me until Tuesday night. With all his skin issues I just shrugged it off and said it would get better. Last night when I took a closer look it wasn't anything I had ever seen before. I emailed Kevin's cousin Earl (who is a dermatologist, darling and someone I trust more than my doctor) and he called me this morning and told me it was shingles and to get him to the doctor. The doctor confirmed Earl's diagnosis and prescribed some medicine for him. Now it's a waiting game for the medicine to kick in and help him feel better.

4 comments:

arah said...

oh that stinks, and so uncomfortable. I have Psoriasis and it's a pain in the butt to deal with. Hope he feels better.

Alifinale said...

Ooh...that doesn't look fun. I hope the meds kick in soon. I took Em in for a rash that she has had for about 5 days and found out that she had Roseola and will go away. Weird thing is she never really had a fever. I hate that when you become a mom you kind of need to become a doctor too.

Mary Child said...

Poor Noah!!! I hope he recovers soon...

Cindy said...

Yuck!! Poor Noah. I had the shingles right after Emilee was born and it was no fun. I hope he gets better soon. He's a strong kid to not have told you until days after it started.