Life is Good--Tales of my Life

Life is Good--Tales of my Life
In all living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured. Gordon B. Hinckley

Monday, January 21, 2008

Crazy 8's

I'm not sure if my sister-in-law meant me when she listed 8 people to be tagged, but I am not sure and don't want to feel guilty by not doing it. These are hard for me sometimes, I really have to think. So here goes:





8 things I am passionate about:


1. My husband

2. My children

3. My family (parents, sister and her family, in-laws)

4. Reading

5. Lists

6. Recipes

7. Friends

8. Shopping





8 things I want to do before I die:


1. Go back to Germany

2. Go to England for fish & chips

3. Repay all the kindness given to us during our struggles.

4. Lose the baby weight (I suppose I should stop calling it baby weight since 1. I had it before the babies and 2. my last baby is 4)

5. Master the chocolate chip cookie (truly this one eludes me)

6. Know that my kids are happy

7. Make a family cookbook

8. Have a clean house!





8 things I say often:


1. Go to bed

2. Can I have just 5 minutes of quiet please?

3. Love you

4. How many times do I have to ask you? (and yes, my mother's voice echos as I am saying it)

5. Crap

6. Welcome to my life

7. Life's not fair, get used to it

8. Talk to you soon


8 books I have read recently:


1. Someone to Love--Jude Devereaux

2. Good in Bed--Jennifer Wiener

3. Twilight--Stephanie Meyer

4. New Moon--Stephanie Meyer

5. Eclipse-- Stephanie Meyer

6. Drenched in Light--Lisa Wingate

7. Killer Dreams--Iris Johanson

8. Angels Fall--Nora Roberts



8 songs that I could listen to over and over:


1. Chains of Love--Erasure

2. Red Red Wine--UB40

3. Shiny Happy People --REM

4. Sold (Grundy County Auction Incident)--John Michael Montgomery

5. You Say It Best--Alison Kraus

6. Jack & Diane--John Cougar

7. The Night The Lights Went Out In Georgia--Reba

8. Forever and Ever Amen--Randy Travis



8 things I have learned this past year:



1. How to survive without Kevin during the week

2. That I can get rid of a mouse on a trap

3. How to be more empathetic to someone who's grieving

4. More patience with my children

5. Spending quality time with the kids=happy kids

6. Forced extended vacations are nice

7. Blogs are fun and a great way to keep in touch

8. That I don't have to cross every thing off my to do list



8 people I think should do crazy 8's (if they want)



1. Arah

2. Jill

3. Karen

4. Sonnet

5. Cindy

6. Loni

7. Lynsdey

8. Alison

5 comments:

arah said...

ahhhh! i left a comment and then my computer had a malfunction and didn't post it...darn technology!
so, here I go again.
First, you will have to give me a few days to get EIGHT of each thing posted. And your list of songs...I sang every title in my head as I read them...high school memories.
Second, are you trying to find the perfect recipe to a chocolate chip cookie? I might have a few tricks (i LOVE Chocolate chip cookies)...but then I would have to kill you...HAHAHA!

Alifinale said...

Loved to read your 8 things. Makes me miss you too! Ok, so don't be mad but I already did this 8 things tag - so if you want to read it go here.

kim said...

Arah-- For some reason the chocolate chip cookies I make come out either really flat with just the chips sticking up or in balls. Not pretty like every other cookie I make.

arah said...

I believe you are overmixing your batter. If you cream the butter and sugar first, then add in the eggs and salt and vanilla. mix that then add in the flour and soda until it is just mixed together then add in your chocolate chips, again, just enough to mix them in, then bake at 400 for no longer than 8 minutes. see how they turn out. let me know if it helps. I also found out that weather will make a difference too.

Cindy said...

I love Jennifer Weiner. Good in Bed was a good book. YOu have to read her other books as well if you haven't get.