Life is Good--Tales of my Life

Life is Good--Tales of my Life
In all living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured. Gordon B. Hinckley

Monday, November 5, 2007

Isaac's Turkey

Isaac was given this turkey as a homework assignment for the family. He had a blast doing it I helped with the feathers, feet and chest, but then Isaac started to go out of order and not in a pattern. I handed over the decorating to Kevin. Isaac had the right to decorate it how he wanted and without me getting frustrated. (I am not the most patient and often want to just take over the homework, cooking, or project. Kevin is the one with the patience--he'll be teaching all the kids to drive!!!!)


He is very happy with his results and the turkey will be getting a ride to school whe he is all dry.

The turkey came home from Parent/Teacher conferences. I went to Isaac's first. He is doing great in everything, but coloring. My child is failing coloring???? He knows his letters and sounds and can count to 100, likes the organization and schedule of school, is friendly and doing well. So I get to set aside some time each day to color with him.
Anna was next and is doing great in all she does. Her teacher adores her. She has really figured out how much fun reading is and spends most of her time reading. It's fun to look at books with her. She has discovered Ramona, Little House and Judy Blume. I am rereading most of the books with her. It's fun to share that with her.
Noah was last on the list of conferences. We spent most of the time trying to figure out how to keep him challenged. There was talk of giving him 4th and 5th grade math, but the teacher worries about what he'll do when he gets to those grades. His teacher is very sweet and feels guilty she can't listen to all his ideas. I told her not to worry about it, that nobody has that much time in the day. We are still working on self control--I'm thinking maybe a martial art.
It is fun to hear all the delightful comments about the kids and to know they are all doing so well. It makes all the hassle of homework, getting them to read and getting up in the morning is all worth it.

5 comments:

arah said...

that turkey is so cute, Brinley would have a blast with glueing everything on, I should make one with her. glad to see your kids are doing so well.

Misti said...

Don't worry...Kylee's preschool report card said she couldn't bounce a large ball...ha ha! That is quite the impressive turkey! Way to go!!

kim said...

Thank you to all you who so kindly noticed the turkey and not my outfit. I knew my patterns were mixing, just didn't know Kevin would be taking pictures with me in them. It is so much more comfy to get on the floor in jammies than jeans!

arah said...

actually, i did notice and was going to leave a comment about you outfit, but got distracted by the cute turkey craft.

Alifinale said...

Very cute turkey. I think I would be the same way and try to tell him how to do it my way. Fun project and sounds like a great teacher conference!