Life is Good--Tales of my Life

Life is Good--Tales of my Life
In all living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured. Gordon B. Hinckley

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Little Pilgrim Girl

Abby had her "Harvest" party this morning. They made these pilgrim hats, played pin the hat on the turkey and ate soup and cookies.

They also made these Squaw hats--that's what the teacher called them. There was a little boy there I could not convince that his hat was a warrior hat, not a squaw's hat. She's showing off the turkey she made.
I just laughed at calling it a squaw hat. I guess when you go to a Lutheran preschool, you don't have to worry about being politically correct.
Abby's great-great grandmother was a full blooded Indian, can't you tell by looking at her???
Personally, I think she looks more pilgrim than Indian, but 100% adorable!!

2 comments:

Alifinale said...

Cutest little pilgram/squaw girl I know. That is funny that the school called the hats that. Surprised they didn't say savages!

Sam and Jill Family said...

She's such a cutie! I can't believe how big your kids are. I remember Abby just learning to walk.