Life is Good--Tales of my Life

Life is Good--Tales of my Life
In all living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured. Gordon B. Hinckley

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Craft Night

My friend Arah and her family did these darling trees for a project on Thanksgiving. I loved them so much we had to have some. Abby had so much fun, but would load her pin up with a bazillion buttons if you didn't watch her.



I wasn't sure how many buttons or pins it would take, so we are sharing this tree. I will probably go get a couple more. Gotta love the projects that Abby can do without huge supervision.


On Martha Stewart's website (under the kids' section), there is a darling Advent Calendar using boxes. I found some fun boxes shaped as stars, snowmen, squares and rectangles. Here we are in the process of making it.



All the kids kept saying how much fun they had.



With the boxes, you can fill with all sorts of fun things. And they are big enough for everyone to enjoy a treat every day.
I also started a jar that will have a family activity to do each day of December. It will be a kind of Advent calendar as well. We brainstormed and came up with all sorts of ideas like, going for a walk, going to the library, fixing dinner for breakfast and eating it in our jammies, having a family Christmas movie night, decorating Christmas cookies and such. One child will draw in the morning before school and we can all look forward to our family activity later that day.
When all crafts are complete, I will post pictures. I only have until Saturday so we know they will get done. I guess they could always end up in the never finished pile, like all the kids' stockings.





5 comments:

Alifinale said...

Fun crafts! You always have the funnest family activities. Such good ideas, thanks!

Sam and Jill Family said...

Wow Kim. Your little family is always doing the funnest things. Such fun for all of your family. I love all of your ideas. Maybe someday I will be crafty and fun like that. I hope so.

kim said...

If someone comes up with an idea, I can usually recreate it. I'm not real good at coming up with ideas myself. The kids are happier with projects. That makes things easier for me.

arah said...

Brinley loaded up her pins with buttons also. The trees are a lot of fun to make! I saw the advent calendar you talked about, but i knew I wouldn't have time to do it this year. So, it will be a project I will make for next year. You could actually put your family activities inside your advent calendar boxes, along with a treat. Ali edwards did the advent calendar too. She just used different sized square boxes. She also posted ideas for family activities also. Love you guys!

The Barney's said...

i agree with jill...i need to make more time to do fun ideas like this with my kids. we did a couple halloween things but not near as cute. i am going to do the button trees though. i am also going to do your ideas in the jar for family activities, like you minus our dad, but they'll be excited to it and we'll start monday!! thanks for great ideas!!