Life is Good--Tales of my Life

Life is Good--Tales of my Life
In all living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured. Gordon B. Hinckley

Thursday, May 1, 2008

Happy May Day!!!

I love May Day. I can remember as a child walking home from school, picking flowers to fill my homemade container for my mom and then leaving it on the porch, ringing the doorbell and running. I don't think my kids know what May Day is. They haven't made the woven cones to fill with flowers, nor have they left any on someone's doorstep. So today when they get home from school, we are going to deliver some flowers to people we know. I may even see if I can whip up some woven cones. For all of you who do not live close enough to receive flowers from us. Here's a virtual bouquet and best wishes to a lovely May Day!!!

5 comments:

Mary Child said...

Yea, Happy May Day Kim! I didn't really know what May Day was either, but it sounds great. I'd love it if someone left flowers on my doorstep! What a great day!

Hope yours is happy.

Alifinale said...

I didn't really know that you were supposed leave flowers on May day until my friend told me that like a year ago. I love that idea! Wish we were around to leave flowers for you.

Sam and Jill Family said...

I didn't even know there was a May day...unless I really payed attention to my calendar and even if I did I would know that I was supposed to be giving and receiving flowers!

Thanks for the beautiful boquet!

jenn w said...

That is the most beautiful virtual bouquet ive ever seen, thankyou Kim! Happy Mayday to you as well. Show us some woven cones if you happen to whip some up. Again, thankyou for saying Brooke needs to go. She has annoyed me from the beginning. I dont care that she's "never seen a rated R movie!" GAG!!!!

arah said...

i know you did something for Cinco de Mayo. I want to see pictures. I actually made Mexican food last night. We had a little fiesta. It was really fun and it's been a while since Iput that much thought and time into dinner.