Life is Good--Tales of my Life

Life is Good--Tales of my Life
In all living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured. Gordon B. Hinckley

Thursday, May 22, 2008

New Smile

Isaac and I went to the dentist yesterday. Poor kid, he's had thousands of dollars put into his mouth and it just doesn't seem to end. It's a good thing we love our dentist and the kids actually look forward to seeing him. His mouth is small and so he needed to have a crown adjusted (to allow room for a permanent tooth to come down), sealants on his molars and two teeth pulled. Since I am a fan of getting it done and over with as fast as possible we did it all yesterday. Here's the before. You can't really see the teeth that are getting pulled, they are on the bottom. But it's a cute grin. They gave him this magic potion (a liquid sedative/relaxer--not quite sure what it is, but it's great!) to drink and about 15 -20 minutes later this is what we have. It makes them walk like a drunk and have slurred speech. He kept asking why he couldn't sit up by himself. (Side note: Abby is incredibly weepy on this medication, guess that means she would be a sad drunk--Isaac would just be a mellow one)


On the way home.

It's hard to see, but there are giant holes in his mouth. He was very sleepy until a few minutes before the kids got home, then he seemed to start being himself. He ate a big dinner of homemade clam chowder, jell-o and cantaloupe.


Here are the teeth. I can not see how the dentist can pull them. I can't do it with hardly any root, but these roots are huge. Gives me the creeps. He put them under his pillow for the tooth fairy. Unfortunately the tooth fairy forgot and will have to pay a little extra to make up for it.







6 comments:

Karen said...

ashlynn lost both front teeth last week and it took the tooth fairy 2 days as well...maybe she is just over lodes right now...lol

arah said...

I had horrible teeth growing up too. When i was 3, they put me under and pulled a molar, capped all of my teeth and put a spacer in for when (5 years later) a new molar would have room to come up. It sure made the difference to do it while i was young, I don't have problems with my teeth too much now, just a few cavities here are there, oh and I've had a root canal and two crowns.

Mary Child said...

OH MY GOSH that is just plain AWFUL! Teeth being pulled? He's too little for that! I could never be a dentist; these pictures sorta make me queasy.

He looks like a litte trooper Kim!

Glad to see you all survived...

jenn w said...

OUCHIE! Poor kid. I cant believe he had to have those pulled. That is a cute grin!

Yumi said...

Whoa! Those are some huge roots! I don't know if I can handle teeth pulling once my girls' get there!
They just had their first teeth cleaning & I'm thinking they're not too fond of the dentist...

Cindy said...

Poor Isaac. Only a dental professional could be excited to see extracted teeth right. Which teeth are they? Those are some mighty roots. I have to tell you that the sleepy juice is the only way to go for kids going to the dentist. He's a trooper and hopefully he won't have to many more problems with his teeth. Brush, floss, and fluoride. Prevention saves!!!