Life is Good--Tales of my Life

Life is Good--Tales of my Life
In all living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured. Gordon B. Hinckley

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Week in Review (Backwards)

My mom came down Monday for a visit and left this morning. She introduced me to this yummy cake. You can get it at Costco in the freezer section. If you like lemon, this is the cake for you. I think I could eat it by myself. Mom helped me through a tough spot for me on the aprons and we finished Abby's. It looks lovely with her outfit I know.

I've decided to go green the fashionable way. Mom showed me how to make these bags and I whipped this one up this afternoon.


This print is from the Elvis series--it's called Blue Hawaii. I loved it. These are my bags for shopping at Target, the library and all those good stores.


Abby's little bag for her dolls and for going to church.




Isn't it cute??? I will be making a couple bags for the boys (in boy print of course), with drawstrings, for their Legos.





While Mom was here, Abby finally got to go to Build a Bear with her gift card Grandma gave her way back in December for her birthday (she has been waiting). Loser that I am, I forgot the camera.





This was my card for Mother's Day. I am not big into the traditional Hallmark cards. I hate spending a small fortune on a cheesy saying. So this is what my kids did for me. I loved it.











7 comments:

Mary Child said...

Kim, I'm so glad you're back; I've missed you! I can't believe how cute those bags are, and the apron! Is there no end to your domesticity? As usual, I'm impressed.

My in-laws are coming in a couple of days, so I may be gone for a spell too.

Glad you're back!

Alifinale said...

Cute bags and apron! Look how crafty you are! I love the mothers day card and can't wait to try that dessert.

Rachel Goodwin Williams said...

The apron turned out great and those bags are just adorable! Way to be so green and economical!

lydia moyer said...

I WANT THAT CAKE FOR BREAKFAST!

arah said...

love the apron! I need to make some bags too. I use my plastic ones for my bathroom garbage, but how many does a small family need?
I totally agree with the whole card idea. I didn't get one this mother's day and that's alright with me. In fact, i didn't even get a gift. I am okay with that too. I can use it against Matt later when I need some time to myself.

Yumi said...

A lovely Mother's Day card, I must say. And your Abby is so cute-she modeled that apron so well! :)
Kids love aprons, I've learned-I made one for Kela and she takes it out every time I wear mine to start cooking-
And cute tote bags! I should learn to make one for my girls for church...so I don't have to carry as big a bag on Sundays!

Misti said...

Kim you are so crafty! I could really use you for enrichment committee! I get so many compliments on Aubrey's little monkey! Thanks again!!!