Life is Good--Tales of my Life

Life is Good--Tales of my Life
In all living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured. Gordon B. Hinckley

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Random Thoughts

*Oh happy day!!! I just had to publicly announce how happy I am that Jason Castro finally got voted off last night. If ever there was a time to pull out your happy dance, this was it!!!! Although to be perfectly honest none of the last three really wow me.


*Oh happy day, part 2. Anna had her last soccer game of the season last night. She is participating in a tournament over Memorial Day, but that's basically just practices until then. Isaac will be done on Saturday.

*The kids do not have school tomorrow, yet again. They have 3 more days off before school is out for the summer. The only one I agree with is Memorial Day. Every time I turn around the kids are not in school. Bet you can guess how thrilled I am for summer vacation!!

*I made a goal to read the Book of Mormon in 40 days with my friend Lark. I got stuck on 2 Nephi and all the Isaiah comparisons. I am a few days behind. Anyone else struggle through the Isaiah chapters? When we finish reading it, we are going to go out for a nice dinner.

*I needed to get the kids some new clothes--they were looking kinda ragged and tight. I came up with a genius plan on how to hand them out. For every room they helped clean, they would get an article of clothing. My house got cleaned that night. Now all I have to do is go through and put the finishing touches on the rooms. Too bad this only works every so often. It would probably be cheaper to hire someone--wouldn't that be lovely?

9 comments:

Alifinale said...

Happy Day is right! I love the randomness of this post. Good for you reading the B of M in 40 days. I struggle with a lot more than just 2 Nephi. Where are you guys going to dinner?

Mary Child said...

Congrats on the end of soccer season, double congrats on the B of M goal (there's no way I could do that. What's with the 40 days, are you instituting some sort of Mormon lent)?

And, good idea with the clothes. The only kid of mine that would work with is Ivy!

Airi said...

Hey Kim, whos baby is your daughter holding?? Sooo cute!
Do you want another one? I am good with 5!! I can barely handly what I have...too much demands right now. Oh, and I sure can't keep up with the cleaning so I've hired help once a week to clean my house and that has made a world of difference...I am much happier and less stressed...my kids don't have to say, "mom, are you stressed today?" Well, I've gotta go to pick up my girls and take them to KUMON (a math tutorial class)then I'm thinking of teaching my daughter Riho how to cook a pasta dish today...she has been bugging me about cooking these days...I should be happy, but so much more work. See ya and have a fabulous day!

kim said...

To answer questions:

Haven't decided on where to go for dinner. Not that Eugene has anything too special.

My mom had a goal one year to read the Book of Mormon 4 times. SHe had a schedule, I said, "Why not?" Besides I am too lazy to come with a schedule on my own.

Anna is holding our niece, Aubrey. Paul and Misti's little girl.

NO, I do not want another one. I really enjoy borrowing. I love babies and could a bunch of them, but they don't stay little very long.

How I would love to have a little help in the house.

I need to not be control freak and let the kids help in the kitchen. I might be a bit OCD there.

lydia moyer said...

the way i get my kids to help around the house is when they ask to do something or for something i always think to myself what's in it for me? so i have them do something for me. it can be something small like sweeping the kitchen floor to something big like their bedrooms. anything i need help with or that they need to do like brushing their teeth.
i want to do your challenge with the book of mormon i just wish i had the desire to read it like i do books like "twilight". i know other books wont secure my salvation like the book of mormon but they are very entertaining and make the hours of my bad days go by a little faster.
by the way i am having fun listening to you music right now:)

jenn w said...

Kim,

I was so thinking of you when Jason had his hilarious disaster, and then when he got the boot. Goodbye!

Liz said...

Yeah, Jason totally sucked last week, he deserved to go.

arah said...

Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim. I accessed your blog from Arah's. WOW! What happened to your kids? They're old!!!!!