Life is Good--Tales of my Life

Life is Good--Tales of my Life
In all living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured. Gordon B. Hinckley

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Feeding the Goats

We went out to the goat farm yesterday when the kids got home from school. They love going there. It's a great farm with a cute store filled with local produce, great baskets from Ghana, ice cream and other goodies. It also has a playground for the kids to play on and animals to feed and visit.

These little goats had no ears. It looked kind of odd.
The kids love to feed the ones that are up high. There's a cup on the pulley that you pull up and then drop into a bowl for them. I'm always afraid I'm going to get beaned from above with one of their little pellets.


Anna is ever resourceful and spends the first few minutes gathering up feed that has been spilled or dropped. I don't really have to give her a quarter for feed, just for fairness.


Abby was a bit afraid of the goats, but Paula promised to keep them from getting her. These ones were a bit funny and kept trying to eat my bag, Paula's purse and belt.

The kids always have a blast here and the fact that it is only 5 minutes away is wonderful. I had a run in with allergies and my eyes were almost swollen shut, so we had to bail early. We went straight to the store for eye drops.

Today we are off to Portland. We are ditching the kids with Kevin and off to play sans kids. We will meet up with them tomorrow before Paula has to fly out. Then it will be back to life as normal. Anyone else up for a visit??? We love company!













8 comments:

Airi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Airi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Airi said...

Oops, I accidently erased my comment twice...how did that happen? Anyway, Looks like you all had a great time at the farm. My kids would LOVE to go there, especially my youngest boy Kumen who goes everywhere with his toy horses and cows. He even sleeps with them. Wish they had more farms to visit here in Hawaii.
We will have to get together one of these days.

Rachel Goodwin Williams said...

Looks like you are moving into full summer mode; sports ending, graduations, visitors in town. I know I've said it before, but it's fun to see pictures of what all your kiddos are up to! Hopefully we will have some cuter pictures to post on our blog soon. In the meantime, I just hope nobody reports our blog for inappropriate content (j/k)!

Yumi said...

It's true about Kumen...he's ALWAYS holding some type of animal or dinosaur in his hands. It's kinda funny.
And my kids love goats! Our zoo has only goats in the petting zoo & my girls can spend all day there chasing them around-until they start pooping everywhere.

arah said...

i am so glad that Paula was able to visit. I'm also glad that you got a night out without the kids.
I would love to come visit, but we can hardly afford to put gas in our van....sigh.

kim said...

There are train options that run about $80 roubd trip from Spokane to Eugene. You have to be flexible and leave around 2:45am, but it's cheaper than filling up the gas tank. Once you were here, you wouldn't need a car.

Mary Child said...

Have fun Kim...

I miss having friends!