Life is Good--Tales of my Life

Life is Good--Tales of my Life
In all living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured. Gordon B. Hinckley

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Soccer's over for Anna!!!

We finished up soccer this weekend with a tournament. Anna's team was playing up and faced girls older than them each game. Saturday, was a tough day. Apparently our girls are not practicing mean enough. They got beat up and by the end of the second game I was tense and frustrated. I was not pleased with the officiating and at times could not keep my mouth shut. I should have looked around for my dad!!! I know that calls will be missed or wrong, it's when they are not equally called that I have a hard time. Sunday they were fired up and played their hearts out. Kevin was the fun dad and painted a flame on all of their cheeks.




Isn't she the cutest??? We started bringing a little chair and snack just for her.



Anna and a couple of her teammates.


The whole team.


Both games on Sunday went to a shoot out. They won the first and lost the second. But the way they played was phenomenal!! So now we have a month or so off before soccer camps begin and then there will be another tournament in August. We love this coach and most of the girls on the team. It has been such a good experience for Anna. I am sad to think of the time we have to leave this team. I am thinking we will try to continue to play in the tournaments as long as they do and as long as we are within a couple hours from them.




5 comments:

lydia moyer said...

your so cool kevin! way to get into the spirit of the game!
you are awesome! oh so very awesome! hu!

Mary Child said...

Now Kim, how on Earth does a good little Mormon mom such as yourself allow her daughter to compete on the Sabbath?

I'm kidding, and know I can give you a bad time because everyone knows that I am a HEATHEN!

I have no prayer of making it to heaven, but since I hope my kids will get there, I force myself to keep trudging through the motions every Sunday...

Congrats on the end of the season and on a little break from Soccer (I don't know how you handle that)!

Cute dad that Kevin is!

kim said...

It was not a decision made lightly. There are a few reasons. a couple may seem like copouts, but 1. if you want to play competitively, you have to play on Sunday 2. Once you sign up for a team, you have a commitment to honor--the coach and team are counting on you. There are a couple more, but in my head I don't see a whole lot of difference between playing on a field or in the neighborhood. We left the decision up to the kids. I grew up watching my sister play on Sunday. Pro athletes have to play on Sunday. What it comes down to is what we are OK with as a family. At least we aren't going to Artic Circle for ice cream!!:) Love you Arah!!!

Mary Child said...

Kim, I hope you know that I really was teasing with the whole Sabbath thing!

I actually find it VERY refreshing to see someone using their agency in a rational way and living the spirit of the law... I think you are an amazing mom and an amazing family.

kim said...

I knew that you were kidding. This last Sunday I was eating lunch at The Cheesecake factory with Paula and then did some shopping. Truly I am a heathen!!!