Life is Good--Tales of my Life

Life is Good--Tales of my Life
In all living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured. Gordon B. Hinckley

Monday, March 3, 2008

Surviving the birthday festivities

We went to Chuck E. Cheese's (as did the rest of the world) and the kids each got 60 tokens. We were there forever!!! Noah got to bring a friend, Mike from church. I am not huge into lots of friends and so far have mangaged to avoid those.

There was a game you had to catch the falling apples in a basket and we got a bit competitive in playing it. It was OK if the kids had a better score (not really), but when Kevin did better than I did, I stayed there until I didn't miss one.











After a fun time at Chuck E. Cheese's we stopped at DQ for treats.




Guess who wanted her picture taken???





After dropping Mike off, we hurried home to get ready for a baptism for a couple of boys in Scouts with Noah's. Since we were there and I had been so busy and unable to fix dinner, we ended the night at Shari's (yuck, but kids are free so that's a perk). Noah got a free slice a pie and totally enjoyed it.








Once again posing, this time with her cookie on a stick.






Before.





After. Only my kid eats the garnish dipped in ranch when he's done with dessert.








Sunday brought on the real birthday dinner. Noah chose sliders, homemade french fries and fruit kabobs.







The boys of the family enjoying dinner.



Noah picks the same cake every year. We call it, "Bubba's Lemon Cake" because my dad so enjoyed this one. Noah enjoys this cake a little bit more because of that.

















3 comments:

arah said...

wow, quite the birthday for a nine year old!
I keep thinking that I should just keep it simple for Brinley's birthday next month, and then I see sp much cute stuff, that I end up spending way more than I planned too and she doesn't really care, just as long as the cake has a fairy on it and that she gets to play with a balloon and eat some cake and open a present. Why do I do that to myself?

arah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jenn w said...

Chuck e cheese, DQ and Shari's all in one day? Your kids must love you! And the lemon cake looks delish.