Life is Good--Tales of my Life

Life is Good--Tales of my Life
In all living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured. Gordon B. Hinckley

Monday, March 10, 2008

Random Thoughts

1. I HATE doing the cans here to get our deposit back. It smells like fermented fruit, stale beer and it's sticky. It never fails that the machine is going to not work properly or you are at the wrong store for your returns. All for a nickel. But since I am a diet coke addict, it adds up to about $15-20 every 4 months or so.

2. I LOVE it when I get complimented on the kids. For example, I was at dinner with them tonight and a nice man came over for the sole purpose to tell me I was doing a good job and that the kids were very well behaved. (My mother will have a hard time believing this because we had a very horrible dining out experience. They always save it up for visits with my mom or in-laws)

3. I am so happy that Danny Noriega got voted off American Idol. He drove me absolutely bonkers!!! I could have done a happy dance I was so excited!!!

4. It is fun to go through the mail thinking it's just junk and finding a check for $26.99 as a thank you for being a customer with Qwest.

5. Soccer season is once again upon us. It's always such a treat to being doing this by myself and trying to be in 2 or 3 places at once. So far it's just Anna, but I am probably going to get Isaac involved. Noah doesn't really care for it--he is more an individual sport kind of guy, and that's OK.

6 comments:

Alifinale said...

Getting an unexpected check in the mail is a very happy surprise! I am sure your kids were very well behaved at the dinner, it does feel so good when other people say nice things about your kid. And let me tell you I do not miss taking the cans in for the refund. I mostly made Brian do it since he was the one drinking the soda but everytime there would be like 5 homeless people. I think the last few times Brian just gave the cans to one of them so he wouldn't have to deal with it and it made their day.

Mary Child said...

Wow, I don't think I've EVER been told that my kids were good while dining out. I guess that's probably because they've never been good while dining out. And, this post reminded me that I am the only person in the country who doesn't watch Amercian Idol. The nurse at the doctor's office brought it up last week and I couldn't comment... yeah, I guess between all these kids and endless chores, I do live under a rock! (I should recycle cans. Not only am I horribly addicted to Diet Pepsi (or Diet Coke- either works for me) but once upon a time I was a science teacher who exhorted my little students to do their parts for the environment... what a busy, preoccupied hypocrite motherhood has turned me into)!

Rachel Goodwin Williams said...

Those unexpected checks are great. We got our moving reimbursement the other day and it made my day, even if it was just a reimbursment of money we already spent.

arah said...

I LOVE it when unexpected money shows up.
I remember collecting cans on the side of the road when we lived in Utah. I know the beer can smell, so gross!
Don't worry Mary, I don't watch American Idol either. I'm not even sure who any of the conestants are.

jenn w said...

Ditto on Danny Noreiga getting the boot! "But like he totally tripped and fell down in front of one of his crushezzzz" He's just too much. TMTH. He looks like Miley Cyrus!

Stacy Stoddard said...

I too am very glad Danny was voted off. He was in his letteres "TMTH".