Life is Good--Tales of my Life

Life is Good--Tales of my Life
In all living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured. Gordon B. Hinckley

Thursday, March 13, 2008

A Day in my Life

Some days are just sooo busy. Here's what I did today.

I saw these aprons in a craft store and thought they would be fun to make. I am not one who enjoys sewing. I am forever calling my mom and asking questions. But this was so cute in the store and it didn't look too hard. This one is going to be Anna's. It will have a tie at the top (I think that is where it will get hard for me). This one is Abby's. I have gotten a little further on hers than Anna's. But I do feel the need to say this has been more of an ironing project than sewing. I honestly do not know why I take on these projects. My mother is forever telling me I need a hobby. I guess this is a way to try and find one. F.Y.I.: March is National Craft Month.

This morning I dropped Abby off at preschool and then I went visiting teaching and brought fresh, warm cinnamon rolls to my sisters. I made the dough up last night after getting home from Scouts and Activity Days and tucking the kids in.

They looked pretty even without the frosting. I haven't made these in about 10 years. It was a new recipe and I think I got pretty lucky. (For anyone who knows my quirks in the kitchen, it was a huge step for me to take a new recipe, untested, to people.) F.Y.I.: March is National Bake and Take Month.


After rushing home from visiting teaching to greet Isaac's bus, I picked up Abby from preschool and went to lunch with a friend ( a highlight of my day, we go to this pizza joint that has a play structure and have a nice few hours basically uninterupted. It is moments like this that help me go on). Rushed home to meet the kids from school and had a few minutes to relax(???) before having to get Anna to soccer. While Anna was at soccer, I took the rest of the kids to WalMart for a few essentials and a birthday present for a birthday party Isaac is going to tomorrow. Ran to get Anna and quickly stopped to get dinner fixings. Inhaled dinner and now it is time to tuck the kids in and get ready for another day. WOOHOO!!!



8 comments:

jenn w said...

Ok, now Im really drooling here(ref to my email) over your cinnamon rolls!!!!!!!!!!! The aprons look great and it doesnt sound like you ever slow down. I look foward to just getting out of the house and going to walmart if im lucky in the day because its just me and my little man...just us. not much else.....i envy your crazy life! i mean crazy busy...:)

Alifinale said...

I wish I could have been the recipient of those delicious cinnamon rolls. I think that has inspired me to make some. Your life is so busy and crazy - I admire that you take on new crafts too. Makes me feel lazy.

Yumi said...

huh, I didn't know that March was such a "home-making" friendly month! I guess I need to start crackin' and bust out my sewing machine-which I was actually planning on doing right now! =)
I should hound you for some of your recipes...I imagine you're an excellent cook (chef?).
Oh, and if you see Airi this weekend, tell her all's well at her house & the kids looked happy and healthy & in one piece...although I did see Paul driving with ALL 5 kids + the dog in their Jeep. (If you don't know the math, that's 1 adult + 5 kids + 1 dog in a 5 seater OPEN TOP jeep) :>

Misti said...

Those rolls look so yummy! You can totally make them for me when you come down...but just for me..ha ha! We are very excited to see you guys! What a treat...we get to see each other twice in a year! How fun. We are counting down the days...see you soon!!!

Cindy said...

I only gets busier as the kids get older it seems. I feel like I'm already busy running just Kylee around. Yummy rolls, I wish I was on you visiting teaching route. Of course they would probably not be low points. Hope the weekend is a little less busy for you

Liz said...

sounds exactly like a day in my life, except I never go out to lunch with Morgan, never...It's just too risky! Love your cinnamon rolls, I'm totally craving them now and all I have are a package of pillsbury in the fridge...it will have to do... but I will pretend I'm eating yours!

Rachel Goodwin Williams said...

Way to go on the sewing and can I please be your visiting teachee? These days I wake up around 5am and have to have breakfast even before my real breakfast. Kind of annoying.

So, we are about 45 min north of Neal. That's why I was saying if you need a meal or a potty break, just let us know. Are Grandma and Grandpa Stoddard coming down with you? That would be great to see them.

Mary Child said...

Kim, I truly love your blog, and am in AWE of your abilities. Sewing aprons? Fresh Cinnamon Rolls? Where did you come from? 1950? (I'm envious of ALL of it Kim)!!! Does Kevin know how lucky he is???