Life is Good--Tales of my Life

Life is Good--Tales of my Life
In all living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured. Gordon B. Hinckley

Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter Celebrations

We had some good friends over for an evening of coloring eggs and dinner. I made pizza dough and the kids had individual pizzas, while the grown ups had the good pizza. We had about 7 dozen eggs and a crowded table. Here's Noah showing off his art work. This is my friend Lark and her daughter Kara, along with Abby and Isaac. Lark is one of my lifesavers here in Eugene. She is my lunch date to yucky pizza, but great conversation. She is one of the readons I have managed to survive without Kevin being here during the week.


A view from the other end of the table. Egg coloring is serious business. And just in case you were wondering, Monday kicks off National Egg Salad week. Although with so many eggs, most end up in the garbage.

Bragging moment, because it's just so darn cute!!! I made a cake for dessert.



The kids loved it.


Here's something I find very noteworthy, Lark's husband, Rob made a cake as well. It was quite yummy ( I ate it after church straight from the plate). I am just so amazed the husband made a cake.

Sunday brought on the Easter dinner. The tradional ham and cheesy potato feast. We had a great family from the ward over. They have an adorable little girl, Ellie, who is almost a year and a half. I should have taken pictures. She had so much fun, at one point she stopped in her tracks, stomped her feet and squealed in delight. My kids adored her, probably too much. Her mom and dad are really nice and the best company we have had since Saturday night. Actually in all honesty, there are a select few people here I would love to hang out with and we did that this weekend. So even though we are supposed to be on the road on our way to Idaho and Utah, it was well worth the delay.

2 comments:

Alifinale said...

I love the cake! What a fun weekend. I love seeing a little of Lark - I miss her. Glad you guys have your fun lunch dates still.

arah said...

What a cute cake... and I didn't even give you the idea! Probably because I can't stand peeps. Looks like a fun time at your house! miss ya!