Life is Good--Tales of my Life

Life is Good--Tales of my Life
In all living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured. Gordon B. Hinckley

Thursday, August 28, 2008

One of those weeks

I haven't been very good at updating. This week has been one I can hardly wait to be over. I have had a migraine for the last week, which always makes things nice. Not to mention my hair seems to be falling out and everything is going right through me--I know TMI. We started our week by running to get everything done before school starts and haven't stopped yet. I am hoping that once school is in session, things will slow down. We have had soccer practice and Anna's open house for middle school. Those lockers are kind of hard and we spent at least 30 minutes with her trying to open it herself. She saw most of the girls from her soccer team and that helped her feel better. She is one nervous kid. I finally made it to the grocery store yesterday, but had such little time got out of there with only half of what we needed. We have had cereal twice for dinner already this week. I made dinner for a woman in our ward that just had a baby (eked that in between the store and open house), but while taking it out of the oven, dropped the pan on my arm and now have a 3rd degree burn on my arm. I stung for a bit, but oddly, doesn't hurt. According to everything I read, it's because I have some nerve damage. I have to say I am grateful for that. I don't have time for pain.I also lost my cell phone--took it to park day and can't find it. I am sure it is around somewhere. Today should be a quieter day and it is looking up as I haven't got a bad headache yet. We have soccer practice from 6-7:30 and a preschool open house from 6:30-7:30. I promised the kids I would fix dinner so I have to go to the store as well. Truly I am glad tomorrow is Friday and I can end this week. I am hoping that by ending the week, things will start looking up. I know everyone has these weeks. But I just had to vent. Hope everyone is having a better week than us!!!!

5 comments:

Karen said...

I understand how you feel...I cant wait for Friday when Jeff gets home and I can have a little down time and I cant wait for school to start so I can get somethings done...

Mary Child said...

Oh my gosh Kim! Way to look on the bright side of your THIRD DEGREE BURNS: "I don't have time for pain"... Now there's optimism at its best. Sorry you're having a crappy week- you are not alone- let's just rejoice that tomorrow is FRIDAY!!!

lydia moyer said...

kim, i am sorry about your week, when it rains it pours! what is up with your health...migrains...nerve damage? your a walking medical case!

Becky said...

Sorry about your bad week! I have only had a true migraine once in my life- it couldn't even be compared to a head ache. Totally incapacitated me. I CAN'T even imagine that on top of everything else you had to go through. Hope next week is better for you!

Yumi said...

oh wow. suddenly, my stresses seem so miniscule. you're such a great mom-your kids are so lucky.
so sorry about your migrains...have you tried chiropractic? just wondering. i've seen it help a lot of people with all types of ailments, migraines included...give it a shot!
hope your kids are enjoying school! and you are enjoying your breaks in the afternoons while they are there!