Life is Good--Tales of my Life

Life is Good--Tales of my Life
In all living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured. Gordon B. Hinckley

Monday, August 11, 2008

Even More Visitors!!

Thursday afternoon when I went to post these pictures, the Internet was down. So I am a bit slow in getting this post up. Last week we had more visitors. My good friend from Spokane, who is living in Sisters, OR now, packed up her 3 kids and ventured the 2 hour drive to our house. Her husband was on the 50 mile hike for his ward, and as you know, Kevin was up in Hillsboro working. It was great fun having Lonnie and the kids here. The first day we splurged and went to the cheap seats and saw Space Chimps, which the kids loved. We also splurged with a fine dining experience at the Buffet ( I had 2 coupons for 2 kids free with one adult). It is a place that the kids love to go to and it has better options for wheat free dining. We also went to park day with my ward for a bit. Here's Porter, Abby and Makenna.

Isaac being the daredevil.


Makenna, 7, showing her climbing prowess, as well as her cute smile.


Abby, showing her climbing abilities.



That afternoon, some of the group went blackberry picking. It's just around the corner from our house. Makenna and Abby showing off their treasure.




Anna




Lonnie and Abby.




After they came back in with their berries, we made milkshakes and had ice cream with the berries on top. It was a heavenly treat.



That night we took the kids to Applebee's. On Wednesdays the kids meals are only 99 cents. It was perfect because we were doing a bit of shopping and then off to the pool. We got a ton of stares whenever we went out. We were a bit of a freak show with just 2 women and 7 kids. Here's Isaac and Porter.





The girls: Anna, Makenna, Abby and Charlie.





It seems to be tradition for me to take friends to the pool. The pictures may get old, but going never does. Abby posing, with Makenna and Porter in the background.





Lonnie and Charlie.




I loved this picture of Porter.



Once again, the girls. In the distance you can see Noah and Isaac playing.




Anna and Charlie.


Lonnie headed back Thursday afternoon. We had lunch at DQ before she went. Noah tried some chicken strips and ended up with red splotches on his inner elbows. Guess that wheat thing is for reals. Not long after Lonnie left, my friend Laura's, three children were dropped off to spend the next 2 days with us since Laura and her husband had gone to a wedding in Palmyra.
It was a busy week and to top it off I taught in Relief Society on Sunday. The topic was Finding Hope and Consolation in the Time of Death. It was a tough one for me, as the subject hits very close to home. I struggled through it and it was hard for me to follow my thoughts and notes. I am hoping that it wasn't just one big confusing mess. Have I mentioned I hate teaching???















4 comments:

Karen said...

I wish I could have been there for your lesson...I could have bawled through the whole thing with you...

arah said...

we had that lesson on sunday too. I so wanted to add to it, but I really couldn't talk. I talked with the sister afterward...well cried...and thanked her for such a beautiful lesson. I got a few hugs afterward also.
I am sure that your lesson went well and brought tears to many. It always makes it more meaningful when you have had the experience to talk about it.
Love you...and a big hug too.

Lonnie said...

Love you Kim! That was such fun, so thanks for being such a good host! It really made our week just fly by and Peter did survive the 50 miler - but got lots of nasty fly bites that are oozing, gross. I'm glad you got through your lesson - after the week you had how did you even manage it? You're amazing and I love you! Hug the kids for me! Oh and Kev too!

Lonnie said...

By the way I'm so sorry to hear about Noah's breakout, that's no fun. So I've been thinkin' about your struggle with lunch for him and I started to do a little googling and found the site www.wheat-free.org (you've probably already been to it). It may have some helpful stuff for ya - I've always got my eyes out now for the wheat-free, if I can be any help at all!