Life is Good--Tales of my Life

Life is Good--Tales of my Life
In all living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured. Gordon B. Hinckley

Monday, August 18, 2008

Weekend Update


We took off Friday to spend some time in Portland, school shopping, visiting Kevin and just plain old having fun. I didn't take as many pictures as I should have. We shopped along the way and just took our time. The kids were fascinated by the temperature gage in the car. At it's highest it said 110 degrees. That is too hot. But thankfully we were in the cool car with slurpees. We got to Portland and hit some of the stores we don't have down here. Then we had dinner at:



It has a corn rotelle that Noah can eat. You get sick of eating lettuce wrapped burgers or tacos. It was as usual, yummy.


We got up Saturday morning and went swimming.


Dads play differently than moms.After swimming, Kevin had to work--he was on call and got a few calls. So the kids and I had another lettuce wrapped burger--we wanted to try a pizza pace that had gluten free crust, but it was closed. And then we hit Washington Square. Since it was 100 degrees outside, so did everyone else. It was too crowded, but our mission was accomplished. I had to exchange the kids shoes at Nordstrom (I got them during the sale, but they didn't fit for Abby and Anna). The boys were happy to see a Lego store and could have spent the whole day there. As it is, they spent the rest of the day looking in the catalogue and talking about it.



Before we went up there, I looked on line at where we could eat that were wheat free. We went to a place call Corbett Fish house. Everything there is made with rice flour and Noah safe. The kids were not super thrilled--it's not the fish they grew up eating. But Kevin and I liked it. Because it's only dredged in rice flour, you have more fish taste and less batter taste. Kevin and I shared the full boat and it had a few pieces of chili-dipped catfish, yummy but with a bit of a kick, halibut, cod and oyster. Not liking oysters, we substituted for more cod. The pieces were more like nuggets, but they were good. The sad thing is, Noah wasn't thrilled and it was for him that we went searching for this place.


After dinner it was time to head home. We got a spectacular lightning show most of the way home and even some rain. And early this morning it poured. Although it was before 6 am, it was a beautiful sound. It meant it wouldn't be so freakin' hot anymore!!!!

3 comments:

Kerri said...

Excuse me while I rib you just a little....it's only 81 degrees here AND my kids are in school today! Woohoo! :) Okay, I'm done! I really love your blog. Have I told you that before?

Mary Child said...

Sounds like you had a great week-end; swimming looks fun, and YES, dads do play differently than moms!

Is Kevin still in prosthetics? How far is Portland from Eugene?

Kim, thanks so much for your supportive comments on my last ranting post. I appreciate the soft-place-to-fall that friends provide, and you are definitely one of those friends whom I respect and whose opinion matters to me. Thanks. The pizza comment made me feel like maybe other people are more "human" and down to Earth than I give them credit for.

I don't know who Kerri is, but I agree with her: I love your blog too!

Mako & Kaori said...

110 degrees!! I promise not to complain when we have 80 degree weather. I also keeping up with your family by reading your blog. Great pictures by the way. It is always nice to see pictures of a happy family spending time with dad, since we know dads are always busy.

To answer your question Kim, yes my mom enjoys karaoke on weekends as well as reciting Japanese poetry at a poetry club and taking dance lessons. She is enjoying her semi-retired life.