Life is Good--Tales of my Life

Life is Good--Tales of my Life
In all living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured. Gordon B. Hinckley

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Random Thoughts



* It is very wrong for me to get excited that I got gas yesterday for $3.75 a gallon. It still cost me $90 to fill up. I coasted in on fumes. It was exciting to realize though, that I hadn't filled up since July 17th.




* We went school supply shopping yesterday. Got all the stuff on Noah and Isaac's lists. Got new lunch bags as well. Spent $70. Still have 2 kids to buy for. Anyone else see something wrong with this picture?




* I have to admit to enjoying the Olympics this year. I stay up every night and watch them. I have them recorded though, so I don't have to watch the commercials. I think my favorite is Michael Phelp's mother. And I need to admit to fast forwarding through routines to see if the gymnasts fall before going back and watching it--it just makes me nervous!!!






* 18 days until school starts!!! I am looking forward to routine and a schedule once again. I will have to admit summer hasn't been as bad as I had dreaded. Thanks to all those that visited and made summer fly by! The kids were really good. It is a bit daunting to think that Anna will be entering middle school this year. It should be noted that 3 out the 4 children will be in school all day!!!






* We have been on a basically wheat free diet for 3 weeks. Noah's skin is much better. He hasn't thrown up from coughing and his breathing is much improved. Aside from being sick of Mexican themed food, we are doing pretty well. Although I could go for a big, huge donut!!! My favorite are buttermilk bars.

5 comments:

Mary Child said...

Oh My Gosh Kim, I'm SO GLAD to know that we're not the only ones getting CLOBBERED with the "school supplies" checklists. After I crossed every item off Gage's & Ivy's class lists, I was out $48! This is PUBLIC school, why do we have to subsidize it on every level? Field trips, supplies, projects... it's INSANITY!

Glad to hear you're all surviving the wheat-free diet and that Noah has improved. I'm VERY impressed; that would not go over well at my house!

Muriel said...

We've been in California for the last week and a half and gas was cheaper there than in Pocatello when we left. I was ecstatic to see it under $4.oo when we got home yesterday.

Kerri said...

Our gas is still at $3.99 a gallon, so I would be ecstatic at $3.75!

Yumi said...

Gas here is $4.36 right now here...the price for living on an island, I suppose.
And Horray for the Olympics! My first time really getting "into" the games & what an exciting week so far! Who knew swimming could be so exciting to watch?!

Airi said...

THe Olympic is definitley EXCITING!! My kids wish they could stay up late and watch the Olympics on TV every night...well they have past their bed time one too many times already. We hope that experiences like these as we watch the Olympics together as a family that we can let our kids know that any goal is achieveable if they put forth the effort and never give up!! GO USA!!!..and everyone else of course!