Life is Good--Tales of my Life

Life is Good--Tales of my Life
In all living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured. Gordon B. Hinckley

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Unwanted Visitors

So last night as I was falling asleep I saw a couple of shadows on my blinds. I had to get up and investigate. This is what I found. 2 of these giant spiders crawling around. I hate spiders. When I was little we used to cover them cups and wait until my dad got home to get rid of them. This isn't the greatest picture, but I wasn't about to get close enough to get a better one. And the two spiders wouldn't cooperate so I could get them in the same shot. I knew I could not sleep with these two monsters in my room and nobody was around to help me get this. I did think of waking up Abby, our spider killer, but since it was after midnight I decided to let her sleep. I went after them with the fly swatter. I could see evidence of having gotten one. But not the other one. Needless to say I couldn't sleep for a long time. Did I mention I hate spiders???



7 comments:

Kerri said...

EEEEWWWWW! I am with you on the spider thing! It sounds like you acted like a very mature mother of four. When Emma's hamster used to get out of her cage, I would wake her up to come get her! I didn't want to touch her.

Karen said...

I HATE spiders too...In our apartment we didnt have any but now that we are in a house they are every where...We have found 5 Hobo spiders in the last month...time to spray i guess...YUCK!!!

lydia moyer said...

my skin would be itching all night!
the other day i screamed for gillian to come help me get a tree frog out of the laundry room. you would have thought a rattle snake was in there by the way i reacted.

jenn w said...

GA-ROSS! I became ill just looking at that picture. I dont know how you fell asleep at ALL! I wouldve slept on the other side of the house! ew.

Airi said...

Did I tell of our spider incident where my "brave" and man-ly husband took about 1 hour to get our spider out of our house? It was hiding behind a picture that was mounted on the wall. Next time I am goin to get it before he does.

Mary Child said...

Kim, you gotta get a can of raid (the spider killer one); you can be a safe 15 inches away, and they don't have a prayer of surviving the blast. I can't live without it. I have a can in the kitchen, the garage, and my upstairs bathroom. My sentiments run deeply anti-arthropod anyway, but none stress me out more than the dreaded spider!!!

Melonius said...

My best spider catcher is my vacuum! The long pipe part!!! There's no mess and you don't have to get up close. My dad tells a story of one time my mom called him at work to come home and catch a spider. When he got home there was a vacuum on the front porch!