Life is Good--Tales of my Life

Life is Good--Tales of my Life
In all living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured. Gordon B. Hinckley

Thursday, September 4, 2008

First Day of School & other events

So yesterday was the first day of school. I had 4 going to 3 different schools. First to leave were the boys. Noah is a 4th grader and Isaac is a 1st grader. They have a 3 minute walk to the bus stop--I was not invited.


Next off, was Anna. Her first day in middle school. Since we only live a 3 minute walk (in the opposite direction of the bus stop) she is my first to ever walk to school. She was nervous and wanted me to walk with her.

This was as far as I was allowed to go. I want it to be known that I was fully dressed and not in my normal see the kids off jammies. So Abby and I just stood there and waved and watched her go. A first for me--I haven't been the source of embarrassment before.


And last to go was Abby. Off to preschool. Oh happy day for both of us.



She went here last year and loved it. Her teacher, Miss Claudia, was Isaac's teacher and so it was a bit like going home for her.





They had tables set up with activities to distract the kids. Not that Abby needed a distraction. She sat right down and got to work and had no further thought for her old mom.




Straight from getting the kids to school, it was off to feed 90 hungry missionaries. I was helping my friend Hilary since it fell on her shoulders. It was a great success. My only sad complaint was I was not home when the kids got home from school on their first day. I don't think it affected them like it did me.
Another big event this week was Kevin getting in an accident Tuesday night. A Ford 250 ran a red light and took out his rear passenger side. Now we are in the waiting game for the insurance company to kick in. The thing that really is sad is that he can't make it home to see us this weekend. Anna has a soccer jamboree this weekend, playing 6 games in all--but thankfully due to the coach's schedule, we are able to be done by 9:30 Saturday morning. So we will head up to see him. I much prefer it when he comes home, but we do what we have to do. I will post pictures as I get them.

Because I know you all were wondering how my burn was healing, here is an update. It now itches like crazy.



11 comments:

Kerri said...

Happy days Kim! I hope you don't get too lonely at home alone. Gehrig has a Superman shirt like Noah's. Walmart special? I hope everything goes okay with the insurance and fixing/replacing Kevin's car. I'm glad he is okay.
We love and miss you guys!

Kerri said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kerri said...

By the way, Anna is looking so pre-teenish! Are we ready for this? It seems like yesterday that they were two little newborns. One chubbed up in a ball and one long and skinny.

Yumi said...

Hey, does that mean that your little Abby is the same age as my Kela? As sad as I was on Kela's first day of school...I somehow seem to enjoy the short rest I get. Although I don't get too much rest with 2 more at home!
Glad to hear your burn isn't painful...although it looks soooo ouch!

Karen said...

Glad to see your arm is healing...Have a great weekend...

arah said...

I hope Kevin is okay.
Your kids look so cute on their first day of school. How is it having a few hours to yourself? What are you going to do?
The burn looks better, glad it's healing.
Love your guts!

Heather said...

So "one of those weeks" was followed by an accident?? I am so sorry to hear that. I guess on the up side - at least it didn't happen during "one of those weeks", and it happend during a week when you've had probably more down time than you've had in months. Good luck. Much, Much love!

Cindy said...

I'm sure you would have posted if Kevin got hurt, but what a bummer. Like you guys need one more thing to keep you apart. Anna is so adorable. Your arm looks worse now that it's healing, but scabs never look good right. Glad to see all the kids are happily back in school

lydia moyer said...

i'm with you... happy day since school started. it makes me an all around more happy mom and the kids are having fun and learning. i get excited when i see my kids growing up. it's not a sad thing for me.

arah said...

kim,
just wanted you to know that i miss you terribly and that i think of you almost everyday.
Hope you are doing okay, you've been on my mind a lot lately.
Love you!

Mary Child said...

Oh my gosh Kim, I can't believe that all your little kidlets are in school now; what an exciting day! Is Abby's preschool 5 days a week? I CANNOT BELIEVE ANNA IS IN MIDDLE SCHOOL! Wow; the mom being the source of embarrassment- that day is a LONG way from happening in this fam. Gage still begs me to walk all the way inside his classroom with him! I can't wait 'til I'm the embarrassing mom; then I won't feel so smothered!!!

Sorry to hear about Kevin's accident; that is always so stressful dealing with insurance... what a pain.

And, your burn is crazy! I hope the itching isn't too intolerable and that it continues to heal...

Kim, I also wanted to thank you for your supportive comments and your perspective on my blog; I totally admire and respect you, and feel so lucky to have gotten to know you. (I was scared of you when we first met)! It makes me smile every time I read a comment from you- I sure love you Kim!

I hope the accident fall-out settles quickly...

Enjoy your kid-free hours you lucky duck!!!