Life is Good--Tales of my Life

Life is Good--Tales of my Life
In all living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured. Gordon B. Hinckley

Monday, April 14, 2008

And the winner is.....

NOAH!! We had Pinewood Derby on Friday night. This is something that Kevin and the kids really look forward to. I have decided that the Father's get more emotional and into than the kids. This year Noah really put a lot of work into his car. He did the carving out of the middle and shaved off the nose some. Kevin took it back to work with him just to sand it. He mailed it home and then we painted it. Here it is before the wheels are on. Like I said, the family gets into this. Here are the cars from the past.It's a bit hard to see, but Superman (the blue one) has never been beaten. The girly one was Anna's and took a trophee in the city open races.


Here are the cars from Friday night. It's always fun to see what the boys come up with.


The boys lining up for their awards. Noah came in first. He won all his races and got a certificate for Most Unique car. He also got a huge bag of licorice.

Next Saturday is the Scout Carnival and more Pinewood Derby races. The kids and Kevin are very excited for this. The nice thing about the carnival is the open race so all the kids get a chance to have their car race, not just Noah. I like it because it gives me some alone time.


7 comments:

arah said...

we had a pinewood derby race about a month ago. it was so fun. The cars were great...some very creative people. Matt however, thought that if he just attached a axe head to it that the weight would just beat all the cars...no, he got disqualified because they thought it might break an ALUMINUM track. He did win an award for the most likely to need a tow.

Stacy Stoddard said...

congrats Noah on your big win!

Mary Child said...

That is so CUTE! I can't wait for Jon and Gage to do scouting stuff together.

Congrats to Noah (or should I say Kevin) on the champion, winning car. A bag of licorice? Sounds good to me, as long as it's not black.

Chicken Fettucini, huh? That sounds DIVINE... too bad we're so far away!

Rachel Goodwin Williams said...

That's some intense pine wood derby action going on at your place!

The Barney's said...

how exciting for him...and kevin of course. I am actually looking forward to Logan and Tyson getting to do the Pine Wood Derby and I am sure Justin is as well. Great job Noah!! Lori

Heidi said...

Hi Kim! Heidi (Stoliker) Allen here. I picked up on your trail somehow from Alicia's blog... ? Anywho, just thought I'd say "Hi".
I'll have a Scouter next year and may need some of these design tips.

Yumi said...

Scouts...probably something I'll never get to experience as a mother. But, oh well, right?
Congrats to your Noah on the big win!