Life is Good--Tales of my Life

Life is Good--Tales of my Life
In all living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured. Gordon B. Hinckley

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Raingutter Regatta

Noah had his Raingutter Regatta for cub scouts last night. His boat from this year never got finished--Mom lacks the skills to build a boat (and in all honesty, the desire to learn how). But luckily he found last year's boat and was able to race that one. He came in second--he couldn't get his breath for the last race. And since you need to be able to breath to win...


He had a great time.


Afterwards they enjoyed making ice cream sundaes and goofing off.


Abby and her little friend, Collin. Isn't he the cutest???


A shout out to Anna for taking the pictures. Another successful regatta behind us. Thanks to those who put it on!!



5 comments:

arah said...

collin looks as if he could be a part of your family.
Looks like lots of fun! How are you doing? I sure miss you.

kim said...

Collin is one of those kids that you see and you are drawn towards and makes you smile. I was doing Isaac 's birthday pictures and realized why--he reminds me of Isaac at that age.

Amanda said...

That ice cream looks delish! My mom says hi! I hope everything is going well. We are in ALASKA! It is cold! Keep in touch!

Mary Child said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog Kim. I totally remember the first time I met you; it was at Sierra Pixler's funeral, and I was so embarrassed that I could not get control of myself. I was blubbering like a baby, and a lot of it was because the grief from losing my mom was still so fresh. I totally understand being "comforted by the knowledge of the Gospel" but it has never taken away from the temporal loss that I feel by not having my mom here NOW.

Anyway, I appreciate your taking the time to read my blog and for offering words of support and encouragement. I intended that post to be mostly for me and for journaling purposes, and it's a nice little extra to have friends offer their support and love. Thank you Kim. I love you too!!!

Becky said...

what a fun cub scout activity! I just got called as a cub scout den leader . . . . we will see how it goes.