Life is Good--Tales of my Life

Life is Good--Tales of my Life
In all living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured. Gordon B. Hinckley

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Weekend at Mom's

I got to spend the weekend at my mom's and see for myself that she is feeling better. On the way up I stopped in Portland to have dinner with Kevin and hand off the kids--I love that part!!! We stopped in Jantzen Beach and ate at the mall there. In one corner of the food court was this old merry-go-round from 1921. The kids faces just lit up when they saw it. If you buy a kid's meal from Orange Julius you get a free ride. Since that was about the only place worth eating at (it's a sad, sad little mall), the kids got a free ride. The only good action shot. I kept missing the other kids.


Such a poser. As soon as she saw the camera she started posing and as she would go around, she would turn back to look at the camera.
They had little horses for the smaller kids. It was perfect for Abby.





Yeehaw!!! Ride like the wind Bullseye!!!


I had a quiet weekend at mom's. I never tire of leaving and coming home to a quiet clean house. I shopped a little by myself in the morning and then mom and I met my sister at the movies. We saw Fool's Gold. I liked it. We then had dinner with Jodi before heading home. Unfortunately I had a huge migraine and petered out the last bit of dinner and on the way home. I took a couple Excedrin and crawled into bed for a couple hours. I was able to watch a movie with mom later.
Sunday we went to Sacrament and then had a quiet day at home. We watched Sydney White with Amanda Bynes. Totally teenager!! Jodi and her gang came for dinner as did Ben (my brother-in-law's brother/my brother), his darling little girl Makiah and Diesel, his boxer. It is so fun to get together with family and be able to just talk and tease and goof off. It's nice to have the kids with me when we have moments like that, but sometimes it's nice to be able to sit back, relax and enjoy without having to worry about kids. Makiah is almost 14 months and the cutest thing you will ever see. I wish I had taken pictures. She has the best little giggle. It's fun to be around babies. Sometimes I miss that.
Monday I had to head home and meet up again in Portland. The kids and I stuck around and explored a bit while waiting for Kevin to be able to do dinner. It's always hard to say goodbye and so we didn't get home until after 9pm. I am grateful for the time I get to go and have quiet time with my mom and sister and very lucky to have a family so willing to let me go. Hope you all had good weekend too.


2 comments:

Becky said...

Ahhh- sounds wonderful! I love getting away with my mom- especially without the kids. Sounds like (minus the migraine) it was a great weekend. Anything to brighten up this time of year.

Yumi said...

Hi Kim!
Thanks for visiting and commenting on our blog. It was neat hearing from you, and seeing your BIG family! I always knew you'd have tons of kids. =) I always love comments and love to check up on people I knew from my "past life" in Edmonds, Lynnwood, etc.
Crazy how things change and people grow up, right?
I'll most definitely be posting many pics and events from here along with Airi, Elika, and Atau's family as well-since we're all so close together here.
Take care and say HI to your family as well!
Love, Yumi