Life is Good--Tales of my Life

Life is Good--Tales of my Life
In all living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured. Gordon B. Hinckley

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Happy Birthday!!!!

This is my 5th child Emery. Last summer she had to move to Las Vegas with her other family. But since today is her birthday(according to my calendar) I wanted to wish her a happy day and let her know she is being thought of.One day I was having dinner with some friends when the phone rang. I answered it, and the woman on the phone asked me if I would be willing to watch her baby while she had to work (her husband was away on an internship in Utah for 3 months or so, and in Law School). I didn't know Alison at all, just recognized her from being the darling pregnant girl in church. I said yes, I have no clue why. I mean, if I am honest, most days I don't want to be around my own kids, let alone add one more to the mix.


Emery started coming and the whole family fell in love. Mostly with her, but with the whole family as well. It was one of those inspired decisions (I don't have very many of those!!!). Emery came to our house on a regular basis for over a year. I was excited for every new moment in her life like she was my own. My kids adored her, probably too much. Alison became my good friend and helped me through a very difficult time in my life. And when they had to move, I felt as though a piece pf my heart and family went with them.

So Happy Birthday to a very special girl in our hearts. I hope your day is all you could possibly hope for. We love you!!!!

3 comments:

Alifinale said...

Ok, that just made me cry. I remember that day that I called and just bawling when I got off the phone because you were the answer to my prayers. We love you and miss you guys!

Rachel Goodwin Williams said...

Kim, did I ever tell you that you were the best babysitter ever? And it looks at though you have continued to offer your wonderful services to mom's in need. Your awesome!

jenn w said...

Kim,

She is precious. And I had to check her out too over at alifinale. Im a pathetic blog stalker. Pathetic.