Life is Good--Tales of my Life

Life is Good--Tales of my Life
In all living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured. Gordon B. Hinckley

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Random Thoughts

*If I were really good, I would admit to being excited for the beginning of April because it will be General Conference. What I am really excited for, is to see the new shows back in the t.v. line up. No more reruns or yucky reality shows. Although I do watch American Idol. I love the tryouts, the rest is watched on Fast Forward.

*I really love my 50 cent Mondays at the movies. It helps me in so many ways. My house stays cleaner with nobody home to mess it up. The kids are quiet and give me some peace for a couple hours. It counts as a fun family activity. When we come home, it is time for dinner and bed. All in all, one of our better nights. Last night we went and saw The Chipmunks. I think my boys laughed louder than anyone else.

*You know your day is going to be bad when the 5 year old wakes you up to say that the 8 year old is chipping away at the ice in the freezer because someone didn't close it and it became an iceberg.

*If you have ever wondered if you need a functioning thyroid, ask my family. Without medication, you are sleepy, cranky, cold, depressed, cranky, lacking deisre to anything, no energy, and did I mention cranky? It was so bad, Kevin called in my prescription refill from Portland. When Anna saw it, she said, "Yeah, does this mean you won't be so sleepy?"

*I am glad to have found old friends through blog hopping. It is so much fun to see how their families have grown and to be back in touch.

*On the occasion, a pint of Haagen Daaz or Ben & Jerry's is a perfectly acceptable dinner.

7 comments:

Mary Child said...

Kim, yours is one of my favorite blogs! Thanks for being real... I have missed you!!! I am so going to start looking for a dollar movie and making that a weekly tradition... what a GREAT idea! I wish I HAD an excuse for being cranky, sleepy, unmotivated, depressed, and cranky... that's just my personality!

jenn w said...

I'm sorry about the thyroid:( I so miss going to movies now that i have this chunky squishy thing demanding all my attention.
Its so fun to see your blog!
A pint of ANY ice cream is perfectly acceptable for dinner, each and every day of the week.

Kim, you are a good blogger! :)

kim said...

Jenn-- if I am good and take my medicine, things are OK. Other than not being able to lose weight. Especially what I gained from not having a functioning thyroid. We switched insurances and I was waiting for the new cards and then it just never got filled.

When you go to a kid's movie, it doesn't matter how loud your kids are. I have seen almost any kids movie out there. But I did get to see 27 dresses and Fool's Gold in the regular theater. I felt kind special.

Becky said...

Sigh - - I wish we had a dollor theater . . .and yes- I don't like reality TV either. Some of my favorite new shows from the fall even got completely cancelled. Sad. Anyway, loved this posting - - your sense of humor is so refreshing.

Rachel Goodwin Williams said...

That's great that you have the cheap movie theatre nearby. I will have to search for one here. And thanks so much for posting on our blog. Bracan has now talked on the phone to Neal and we will probably hook up with some WA friends here in UT.

Cindy said...

Yeah, the shows are going to be back on in April. I am so glad to hear that. I have been in Grey's withdrawal for a long time now. I love your random thoughts. I really miss having you at girl's night out. You need to come up because tomorrow we are getting together at Atzeca's. Can you make it? Wish you could be here

jenn w said...

Dude I totally meant to say up there that I NEED my Office back! I miss it so..