Life is Good--Tales of my Life

Life is Good--Tales of my Life
In all living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured. Gordon B. Hinckley

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Visiting Kevin in Hillsboro

Anna was thrilled at being at Chuck E. Cheese's. She did manage to have a good time.

Kevin and Noah playing air hockey. I'm not sure who won.


Isaac doing the motorcycle thing. He surprised me and actually completed quite a bit of the course.


Abby wanted to try. She had fun, but I don't think she even got her motorcycle moving.


The primary program for the kids is this coming Sunday and in order for Kevin to make it, we had to rearrange some schedules. I gave up my weekend at my mom's, Kevin switched being on call to last weekend instead of this weekend and the kids and I drove up to spend the day with Kevin. We had so much rain, we were limited to indoor activities. We had lunch at the kids' favorite buffet. Which I am a bit scared to admit was very nice inside. We had lunch with about a hundred airborne soldiers and the kids thought that was so cool. Abby was especially impressed with the "army man girlies", having never seen a woman in uniform before. We did some shopping, visited the bookstore and then hit another of the kids favorites: Chuck E. Cheese. I am pleased to announce we made it out of there with having only spent $10 on tolkiens, but managed to have enough fun for 2 hours (I had a coupon). And thankfully we were still full from lunch and so we did not have to partake of the cuisine. We didn't leave until after 9 and so the kids fell asleep on the way home. Next time we might be so lucky as to have the zoo lights up for Christmas and do that.

1 comments:

arah said...

That has to be hard to have Kevin work so far away. You guys look like you had a fun time visiting him, even Anna. Take care. Miss you guys.